Chapter 2

TW: Violence, blood, mentions of guns/knives!

"What situation? Did you get bit?"

"N-no...I would have told you.."

"Then what? What's on your mind?"

I thought for a quick moment, deciding to just drop the topic.

"Nothing...But that day...Why did you save me?"

Chan immediately tensed up, letting go of my hand.

"You reminded me of someone."

"Someone? Who was it?"

Chan shook his head, seemingly done with the conversation. He layed back on the ground, putting his hands behind his head as he looked up at the night sky.

"That's not important. What matters is that you're alive, and I finally found someone to trust."

"But Chan, I'd really like to kno-"

"Damn it y/n, fucking drop it! I told you it doesn't fucking matter!"

Chan quickly covered his mouth, immediate regret forming on his face.

"Oh shit... I'm sorry...I didn't mean to raise my voice.."

I rolled my eyes, turning away from him. Chan was always like this...Never telling me anything about himself or his past...What the hell happened to him? I wanted to know so badly, but it really wasn't his obligation to tell me if he really didn't want to.

"Babe.. I'm really sorry.."

I felt his hands wrap around my waist, trying his best to apologize.

"It's...Fine..."

I cut myself off from the cracking of wood coming from the forest behind us. Chan immediately stood up and shielded me, slowly pulling out the pistol he hid on his side.

It was quiet....To quiet...

That's when it slowly emerged from the thick brumble, one of the worst ones to fight.

A clicker.

Yes, they were blind, but that meant their hearing was more advanced than anything. A single sound could mean an immediate and painful death.

Chan looked at me, pointing the other direction. It would be safer to leave, but it would be even more safer to kill this thing so we have an ease of mind. But then another clicker emerged, then another. Soon there were too many too kill, because once we killed one, the others would hear us and attack.

Chan leaned down to whisper into my ear.

"Run.."

I nodded and silently retreated, trying my best not to make any sound. We both walked slowly, making a safe distance until my foot hit a stick lying on the ground.

"Shit...Run!"

Chan took off sprinting, leaving me behind. I ran as fast as I possibly could, but clickers were fast. One was slowly catching up to me, swinging it's sharp claws around, trying to attack whatever it heard.

Chan ran back towards me, picking me up piggy back style and began running again. I turned around to shoot at the clicker, killing it quickly.

There was a tiny cliff that Chan could easily boost me up to. I climbed up, then turned around to attempt to pull him up, but the clickers quickly caught up to us.

One of them swung, cutting Chan on his back.

"Fuck!" Chan screamed out as he turned to stab the clicker in it's face, killing it instantly. Another one lunged at him, biting his shoulder.

"Chan!!"

Chan shot it in the head, before stabbing another one. He switched back and forth between stabbing and shooting, until all the clickers were dead.

He boosted himself up to where I was waiting for him.

"Chan...You got bit..."

He looked at his shoulder where a green ooze was coming out, replacing his blood.

"Yeah... It's fine..."

"How the fuck is it fine? You're gonna turn into...Into one of them!"

Chan sighed and turned away, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and walked off, leaving me there.

"Where the fuck are you going? You think you're not going to turn?! I'm not gonna take any chances!"

He kept walking, ignoring me.

"Chan! Stop it! Why are you shutting me out?!"

He quickly turned around, glaring at me.

"Because I'm fucking immune, okay?! I got bit years ago and never turned!"

His words were like a rock shattering through glass.

"What...What do you mean...You can't turn...You got bit...What?"

Chan sighed, a little tension from his shoulders slowly going away after his confession.

"I...Got bit..A long time ago..."

He lifted his arm, where a tattoo was. I looked closer to see a terrible scar underneath the ink. He was...Telling the truth.

"And you never told me?! I trusted you!"

He turned around, looking down at the ground.

"A mistake if you ask me."

To be Continued