ੈ.🍓⋆*A Note Under the Oak Tree ੈ.🍓⋆*

The morning light streamed through the classroom windows, casting gentle rays onto the desks and the students seated in their places. Jungkook, who had barely slept the previous night, struggled to keep his eyes open. The exhaustion was palpable as he blinked repeatedly, trying to stay alert during the first period.

Slumping slightly in his chair, Jungkook's gaze drifted across the room, but something unusual caught his eye. A small, folded note rested on his desk, inconspicuous yet undeniably there. Furrowing his brows in confusion, he reached for the note, his fingers slightly trembling with a mix of curiosity and fatigue.

As he unfolded the note, his eyes scanned the elegant, flowing script:

"𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝓉𝓇𝓎𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓉𝑜 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝒹𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝐼 𝒻𝑒𝑒𝓁, 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝒾𝓏𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜 𝓌𝑜𝓇𝒹𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒻𝓊𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝑒𝓍𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓈 𝓂𝓎 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝓎𝑜𝓊.

𝑀𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝒶𝒸𝓀𝓎𝒶𝓇𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒸𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓁."

૮₍ ˶•⤙•˶ ₎ა rawr!

The note ended with a small doodle of a playful bear?, which brought a slight smile to Jungkook's lips. It was clear that whoever wrote this had put considerable thought into making it special. His initial surprise was quickly replaced by a more complex swirl of emotions.

Jungkook sighed deeply, his shoulders slumping as he considered the implications. He had already harboured feelings for someone else—someone whose presence occupied his thoughts and dreams. The notion of having to politely reject someone who had gone through the trouble of writing such a heartfelt note weighed heavily on him.

He glanced around the classroom, wondering who could have left the note. His eyes fell on Taehyung, who was engaged in an animated conversation with Jimin and Yoongi. Taehyung had seemed oddly preoccupied lately, but Jungkook quickly dismissed the idea. Surely it wasn't him; he couldn't imagine Taehyung being this overt in his affections, given his usual playful and somewhat indirect approach.

Jungkook's heart sank as he thought about the person he had a crush on—someone who had been a constant source of support and joy in his life. The idea of someone else confessing their feelings to him was disorienting. He needed to handle this delicately, as he didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

He reread the note, the words echoing in his mind. It was beautifully written, capturing a sense of earnestness that he couldn't ignore. The mention of a personal meeting in the school's backyard made his heart race with a mix of anxiety and curiosity. The backyard, with its quiet, secluded corners and the gentle rustling of the trees, seemed like an ideal place for a private conversation.

Jungkook's mind raced through various scenarios, each more convoluted than the last. He thought about how he might politely decline the invitation without dismissing the heartfelt effort behind it. He knew he needed to be honest and kind, balancing his own feelings with the respect and empathy the sender deserved.

The bell rang, signalling the end of the period and pulling Jungkook from his thoughts. Students began to shuffle and chat, their voices creating a soft buzz that filled the room. Jungkook carefully folded the note and placed it in his bag, resolving to address the matter later.

He went through the rest of his classes in a daze, unable to shake the note from his mind. Each time he thought about the upcoming meeting, he felt a pang of guilt for the unknown person who had invested their emotions into this gesture.

As the school day dragged on, Jungkook found himself preoccupied with the note. He knew he needed to make a decision soon, and the thought of having a heartfelt conversation with the sender loomed over him. The prospect of the meeting at the backyard after school seemed both daunting and inevitable.

Finally, the day ended, and the corridors buzzed with the sound of students leaving. Jungkook made his way to his locker, trying to collect his thoughts and prepare himself for the conversation he knew he had to have. He hoped to find a way to gracefully navigate this situation, preserving the dignity of both himself and the person who had reached out to him so bravely.

With a deep breath, Jungkook headed towards the backyard, the note clutched tightly in his hand. His heart pounded with a mix of anticipation and trepidation, and he mentally prepared himself for the encounter that awaited him.

₊˚⊹⋆🍓⋆⊹˚ ₊