Chapter 15

The black van raced towards up. Nani had passed out in the backseat and I climbed into the front. Alex was pushing a hundred miles per hour. The van was still going faster. An exit ramp was coming up and Alex decided to throw them off, or so he thought. Before he missed the ramp, he took it. The van followed. Alex turned the corner, almost flipping us over. He started to speed down the main road and cars started to appear. More black vans were behind us. Geez are they duplicating by the mile? I thought to myself. I looked behind us, to see if Nani was okay. She began to wake up and held her head. She was very confused on what was going on. I was about to tell her when the black vans started shooting at us! The other cars on the road started down side streets, getting out of the way of the gunshots. Many cars collided with one another. Alex looked at me sympathetically, and I new exactly what he wanted me to do. I looked around the area and noticed there was no one again. I rolled the window down and began to climb out, clinging desperately to the edges of the car. The bullets had stopped, and the men started reloading their guns. I stood on top of the car and spread my wings. I smirked at them, waiting for the perfect moment to let go. The men were in awe and I took off towards them. I launched myself at their van and broke the front windshield. I flew through the back and threw a few fireballs at the back of the car. The van exploded in seconds. Red and yellow flames burned throughout the car. Black smoke drifted from the top of the car. I was hovered in the distant, watching as the car burned and the men screamed. A bullet whipped past my head, causing me to turn around in shock. A man in a black coat and dark sunglasses was pointing at gun up to where I was floating. I became very irritated. I glared at him as I threw an iceball at him, making him freeze in the ninety-degree weather. I flew towards him and kicked his head off, blood spiraling as his body fell to the ground. Two other vans started chasing Alex; I zipped towards them and flipped the vehicles. The vans were slammed off the ground and flipped on the roof. The windows broke and the van crumpled. Alex skidded to a halt. He got out of the car and ran towards me. I was on the ground hunched over, watching the few men left die. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me into the car. I was seated in the middle seat in the front; Nani was still in the back holding her knees. The car ride was silent for a while. Alex held me as close as he could. He was still driving so it was pretty hard. I did not break, I did not cry. I sat in horror of what I just did. I couldn't believe I could ever do something like that. Someone was trying to hurt Alex and Nani! They were trying to hurt my friends. I don't even know what came over me...I just couldn't have them get injured.

Alex put some music on to get all of our minds off of what just happened. The drive was dead silent. We stopped at a restaurant to grab a bite to eat, even though none of us truly wanted to eat. I nibbled on fries, but that was all I would be able to manage to keep down. Alex chowed down on a hamburger-well both his and mine. Nani barely ate as well. She actually didn't eat anything. She had something to drink, however. She didn't trust her stomach at all. I couldn't blame her. Being put back into the same situation she was before. It scared the hell out of me. Knowing I got out of that because of my mom. She took me away from that place, knowing I would react the same way as Nani is. It's not like she knew Nani...or did she? Why would a scientist come to warn me about the test if they want to keep me from the world? So many questions, not enough time for the answers. Alex pulled the car over on the highway, not caring if the cops give him a ticket.

"Look we need to talk about this." Alex turned towards both of us.

"No we could just go save Bonnie and go home, acting like none of this never happened. I like that plan, don't you Nani? I mean why talk about me murdering more people than I know." I threw my drink in the cup holder and turned towards Nani waiting for her response. She gave me a blank stare. She didn't know what to say; yes I read her mind. She was about to say something, and then Alex began to talk again.