Chapter 20

Jonathan stood frozen, I could barely get a sentence out and Alex was trying to hold in his excitement.

"Or will you just let me stand in the cold evening and tell you what I have came to offer you.... teenagers." Mr. Fredrick tried to choose his words carefully, but he knew that it wasn't the best choice of words. Jonathan moved and let Mr. Fredrick in. We followed in after him, watching him take in the house and what has happened to it. "So there was a fight? Or tension at least?" He turned around and spoke to us as if we had been friends for years.

"You could say that." I spoke up. What? Jonathan and Alex weren't going to say anything. It would have just started WWIII.

"Care to explain Ms. Cozgarth?" Mr. Fredrick asked casually.

"Well Alex and I were together for a little bit...but his ex-girlfriend showed up and I wanted him to say he did love her but he couldn't so I needed a place to crash because my mother and father kidnapped me. So I came to Jonathans house and fell in love with him and now Alex wants me back but I don't want him back." Alex's face fell and Jonathan looked at me as if I said something he never thought I would.

"So I take you have made your decision." Mr. Fredrick asked.

"I believe so. Anyways what did you need to talk to us about?" I asked moving the questioning along.

"I am from Morse Peak and I have been informed that you have passed your test Anna. You even scored higher than Jonathan. And when he took his test he barely had a soul, so he didn't care whom he had to kill to get what he wanted. That has obviously changed, hasn't it Jonathan?" Mr. Fredrick moved his questioning to Jonathan.

Jonathan nodded and stared at the ground. Mr. Fredrick then explained to us that because of my success that he has decided that we will be able to attend Morse Peak and continue our training. Alex began to jump in excitement, Mr. Fredrick did warn us though

"If you fail your first class you cannot attend this school anymore. If you fail at all you will not be allowed to attend this school anymore. If you are in a relationship with someone you are rooming with, you may not attend school here. There is a no dating policy at this school, so sadly Jonathan you and Annabeth will have part ways. If you two have to share a room together, there will be no dating, or any other sort of relationships. You may be friends, but you may not be anything more than that. Do you understand? The same goes for you Alex. You and Alice may not see each other anymore." Mr. Fredrick spoke.

"Wait anymore? You've been seeing Alice?" I turned towards Alex.

"We've had coffee a few times, but nothing happened. We just talk." Alex threw his hands up as if I were holding a gun. But sadly I wasn't; so I wouldn't know if that was the truth or not. Mr. Fredrick laughed and started talking about the time he was in love with a girl....then she broke up with him once she knew he was a mutant. He then made sure she didn't remember he was a mutant, but when she called the next morning he broke up with her saying he didn't love her anymore and that he was moving away. He was heart broken but he still keeps in contact with her today. He knows that if she ever found out that he was a mutant she would freak out like she did once before.

Alex was half listening and Jonathan couldn't stop staring at me.

"Mr. Fredrick with all do respect, what is your point in this story?" I said politely.

"The point is...no matter what happens in either relationship, if you truly loved each other at one point then it wont be so hard to just stay friends. I know I can do it and I'm almost 75 years old and I still talk to my first love. I haven't married anyone because of my love for her. I stayed loyal to her while she married someone else."

Jonathan glanced at me as if he knew what had to happen. I started at the ground, not being able to look at anyone anymore.

"So are you three interested in attending Morse Peak?" We all looked at each other and frowned.