Chapter 18

Alex was at Jonathans house. I wanted to scream, but I just stood there. I stood there like an idiot. Jonathan kept asking who it was and began to walk over. Alex was about to say something, but slammed the door in his face. Jonathan looked at me weirdly and peaked through the peephole. He mumbled a few swear words and opened the door again.

"Alex. What can I do you for?" Jonathan said stepping outside.

"Please I just want to talk to her." Alex pleaded. How could I talk to him after last night? Plus I'm in Jonathan's T-shirt...it was in a drawer in my room; I couldn't help it. The door was open just enough for me to hear the conversation.

"Alex, I don't think that is a good idea. She is hurting. You need to just leave." Jonathan crossed his arms and leaned against the house.

"Jonathan I can't just leave her alone. Look I messed up last night. I spent the night with Alice, I was broken, and she took advantage of that. Please just let me talk to her. Wait why am I asking you if I can talk to my own girlfriend?" Alex said stepping towards the door; I backed away in fear.

"Dude, she's not your girlfriend anymore. Leave now. This is my house; I don't want you here anymore. Go." Jonathan demanded.

"No. Just let me see her." Alex pushed Jonathan aside and walked into the doorway. "Anna," Alex exhaled.

"What? You here to tell me you slept with your ex-girlfriend last night? What would have happened if I weren't there when she came over? Would you have slept with her then as well? Then you would have just cheated; how would you feel after that? Oh wait, you don't care about anyone except yourself. I have nothing else to say to you, just leave." I walked into the living and turned my back towards Alex. He mumbled, "I'm sorry," and left. I heard the door shut and turned around. Jonathan was behind me and held his arms out. I ran into his arms, as if I hadn't seen him in three years. A few tears escaped from my sea blue eyes. Jonathan kissed my head and walked me back to the kitchen and pulled me onto the counter again. He had a plate made, one for me and one for him. Bacon and eggs were placed gently on the plate, just like the ones from the restaurants. I never knew Jonathan could cook, which was odd knowing he played football so well. You would think he was just some stupid jock who doesn't know a salad fork from a dinning fork. We finished our lovely breakfast and got dressed. Jonathan took me to the fair down the street and made me laugh for the first time in a while, well really laugh. I started to laugh like I use to before all this weird crap started to happen. At the end of the day Jonathan took me onto the Farris wheel. His hand was entwined with mine, not letting go. I think he was afraid of heights, but he just stared at me the whole time. I asked him what he was staring at and he just laughed looking out into the horizon. The sky was so beautiful; the sun was sinking to the crystal blue ocean and made the sky look like a rainbow. Well a smudged rainbow. The purples mixed with pink and blue cascaded into grey. It was just beautiful.

The ride felt like it lasted forever. We stopped at the top and Jonathan stiffened. He was afraid of heights, which was adorable. I laid my head on his shoulder and he relaxed a little bit. I looked up at him and he was staring down at me. Before I could ask him if he was okay, he tilted my head and kissed me. I smiled and kissed him back; then the ride started to move and he pulled away. After a few minutes of returning to the bottom, we got off the ride and Jonathan pulled me back to the fair grounds. It was about 7 o'clock and the night was just getting started.

The next morning I woke up in Jonathans' bed. His arm draped around me holding me close to him. I smiled and snuggled into his arm. I felt him shift behind me and kiss my neck.

"Good morning beautiful" He spoke softly. Oh the morning voice of a man, you can never get use to it. I smiled and hummed in response. I turned on my back and faced Jonathan. He laid his head on my chest and started to drift again. I played with his hair, with nothing else to do. The alarm clock went off and Jonathan groaned. He lifted his face and looked up at me. Before I could speak he kissed my lips. He dashed out of the bed and began to get dressed, and then I realized...neither of us was dressed.