Chapter 19

"A-Alex?" I stammered, unable to hold in my surprise. Jonathon came up to me and wrapped an arm around my waist before noticing who was at the door. He glared at Alex, but didn't say a word.

"Can we have a minute?" I asked, looking at Jonathon, who just shot me a questioning look before pulling out his phone and reluctantly walking away.

I stepped onto the porch, closing the door shut behind me. The brisk air whipped around my shoulders, giving me goose bumps and causing me to shiver. Alex noticed and without a second thought he took off his jacket and draped it over me. I looked at him and smiled gently, a silent thanks to his embarrassed look.

"Look about what happened,"

"Don't. It was stupid to think that I could believe you to get over her anyway." I cut him off, not wanting to listen to his explanation.

"Please, Annabeth. Just listen to me. I was drunk on love and took advantage of Ali- her when I shouldn't have. I should've have just told you that I moved on and you were the only one for me. But I was stupid, and was too dumb to realize what I had until you were gone. I've never felt this way about any girl before, not even her. Only I realized this too late. I came to apologize. I didn't want to hurt you, I never did! I regret everything that has happened and I ask you to allow me to do one more thing before you go and be happy with Jonathon. As a send off, and a farewell."

I nodded my head and looked at him expectantly. It was a few seconds before he spoke again, after him awkwardly clearing his throat.

"I can't do it if you have your eyes open," I sighed and closed my eyes, waiting a few seconds for whatever he had to do.

I jumped when I felt something warm press against my lips. After the initial spook, I kissed him back with as much love and passion and sadness that I couldn't have given to Jonathon. Our lips danced and he placed a hand on my cheek, pulling me in closer and deeper into the kiss. I grabbed a fistful of his shirt, holding him close and not wanting to pull away. In this moment I knew that everything he had said were true, that every word he had spewed that I thought were lies and untruths just to persuade me to join his side again melted away once his sweet lips joined with mine.

I felt his tongue grace along my lip, begging for an opening. I parted my lips slightly and allowed him to dominate with ease. I didn't feel like fighting anymore, and just for tonight I allowed him to lead. How I missed these moments, these moments where no words were needed and how I could pour every single one of my emotions into him and he'd absorb it with ease. Our reunion was cut short by a third voice, a voice I think neither of us wanted to hear.

"Annabeth, what's going-" he stopped when he opened the door, seeing us pull apart from each other in haste and smoothing down our clothing. I saw the fury in his eyes mixed with another emotion I just couldn't place.

"Jonathon, I promise it's not what you think-"

"Than what is it, exactly? Because this is some goddamn weird way to show someone you hate them."

I had no idea what to say. I could feel that Alex felt the same way; the way the air was tense around all of us.

"I would have never thought you of all people Annabeth would cheat....and on my own front porch! I let you stay with me when no one else wanted you. Last time I check Anna, I loved you more in the past week then he has in the past two months. You know what....I hope you guys are happy together and have a merry life together. Annabeth you can come inside and grab your stuff, but Alex you cannot come into this house. Actually stand in the street, because I own this land and I don't want you on my property." Jonathan said calmly. I didn't know what to do; next thing I knew I was packing my stuff up in the room Jonathan let me stay in. Jonathan was leaning on the door and watching me pack. "We were having dinner....I thought you loved me." Jonathan barely spoke.