37. The Fate Flows Again

"Do you think that the Count had a heartbreak or something?"

Klopp almost blurted out the champagne he was drinking.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Otherwise, how could he play such a performance?"

"No way. There's no way the Count would experience something like that. He's so arrogant that I don't think he could love someone enough to feel that way."

At that, Rayfiel's eyes narrowed at Klopp, as if he had been opposed to.

"Everyone is capable of love. I'm sure the Count has someone he loves. Otherwise, he wouldn't be able to play such a melody. I know you're not into music, Sir Klopp, but still, you shouldn't talk about someone like that."

"Is that so?"

He was surprised to see Rayfiel, who always obediently listened to others, was expressing anger and defending someone. In astonishment, he easily agreed with him. As he did so, Rayfiel, who had been lecturing while wagging his finger, suddenly felt embarrassed and lowered his finger, saying, "I got a bit carried away." and apologized.

"No need to apologize. It was true that I was in the wrong."

"If you say that again..."

The blond omega raised his head and was about to say something while looking at Klopp, but he immediately shut his mouth. Following his gaze, Klopp turned his head and understood the reason. The sorrowful expression that had captivated people's attention just a moment ago had disappeared, replaced by the usual artificial smile as Aelock approached them.

"Hello, Rayfiel."

"Hello, Count."

Klopp thought Aelock would at least look his way, but he only greeted Rayfiel. Rayfiel was at a loss for words and clasped his hands together, like an overjoyed girl meeting her idol.

"How was my performance? Did you like it?"

"It was incredibly beautiful. It felt like a heavenly melody."

"You're flattering me. I'm not that skilled."

"Oh no, even though I don't have much experience, your performance was truly moving. Thank you for inviting me here today."

Rayfiel showered him with praise. It was genuine admiration, not flattery, but as Klopp listened, finding him cute, somewhat amusing, and a little embarrassing, he let out a fake cough. Then Aelock, as if he hadn't noticed Klopp's presence until now, looked at him with a slightly surprised expression, like he was seeing him for the first time. His fair face was adorned with a deeper smile than before.

"And how did you feel hearing my play? Do you agree with your lover's words?"

"I may not have a deep understanding of music to be qualified to judge, but even to my untrained ears, it was an excellent performance. It would be enough to sell yourself as a performer. At an expensive price that compensates for today's loss."

Upon hearing those words, both Rayfiel and Aelock furrow their brows and stared at Klopp intently. Looking at them up close, although they were clearly different in size and atmosphere, but they were both blond and blue-eyed, which made it somewhat overwhelming.

"A penny-pincher who only cares about money."

"I would normally take your side, but you went too far just now."

"..."

He was at a loss for words.

After a brief greeting, Aelock soon went to greet the other guests as the host of the concert. The people who had been waiting eagerly welcomed him with bright expressions. Watching him, Klopp pondered how he could sell him at an exorbitant price to compensate for the excess expenses. Perhaps it would be good to focus on theater orchestras notorious for severe exploitation and poor finances, which would teach him the importance of labor and the need to save money. He would understand more about expenses after he has eaten some soggy bread there. Meanwhile, Rayfiel grabbed his sleeve.