☆ Chapter 17 ☆

Sharing the News

The next day, the sun is shining brightly, casting a warm glow over the Curtis house. The party from the night before is a blur of laughter and excitement, but one thing stands clear in your mind: the deepening connection you and Johnny share. You both spent the night talking about your feelings and the future, and now it’s time to share the news with your friends.

You and Johnny decide that it’s best to be open with the gang. After breakfast, you both agree to gather everyone together for a chat. As you all settle into the living room, with Two-Bit sprawled out on the couch and Ponyboy reading a book, you can feel the excitement and nervousness bubbling up inside you.

Johnny clears his throat, drawing everyone’s attention. “Hey, guys. We need to talk to you about something.”

The gang looks up, curious. Soda raises an eyebrow, a smirk playing on his lips. “This sounds serious. What’s up?”

You and Johnny exchange a glance before you take a deep breath. “Well, last night was pretty special for us. We wanted to let you know that Johnny and I… we’re together now.”

There’s a moment of silence as the gang processes the news. Soda’s smirk widens into a genuine smile, and Ponyboy’s eyes light up with happiness. Two-Bit, always quick with a reaction, lets out a dramatic gasp.

“No way!” Two-Bit exclaims, sitting up with a grin. “You two? That’s awesome!”

Johnny chuckles, his nerves easing as he sees the positive reactions. “Yeah, we didn’t want to keep it a secret anymore. We wanted you all to know.”

Soda stands up and gives Johnny a friendly punch on the shoulder. “Congrats, man! I’m really happy for you two.”

Ponyboy nods enthusiastically. “Yeah, it’s great to see you both so happy.”

Two-Bit looks between you and Johnny, his eyes twinkling with mischief. “So, when’s the wedding? Just kidding!”

You all laugh, the tension melting away. It feels great to share this part of your lives with the people who mean the most to you. The gang’s support and excitement only make the moment more special.

As the conversation continues, you all start discussing plans for the future, with Johnny and you joining in on the fun. The support from the gang means a lot, and it makes the bond you share feel even stronger.

The day passes with a sense of ease and happiness, and the gang’s acceptance makes you both feel more confident in your relationship. The simple act of sharing your news has only brought you closer to your friends and to each other.

As the sun sets and you prepare to head out for the evening, Johnny takes your hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. “I’m really glad we told them.”

You smile up at him, feeling content and supported. “Me too. It feels good to have everything out in the open.”

With the support of the gang and the strength of your relationship, you and Johnny head into the future with excitement and optimism. The love and acceptance from your friends only add to the happiness of your growing bond.