059

Time Jump

120 AC
Driftmark

Laena Velaryons funeral was held a fortnight after her tragic passing. She died following the birth of her third child, a son, who passed away less than an hour after being born. Her husband, Lord Edric Yronwood and their twin daughters, Lady Baela and Lady Rhaena travelled to Driftmark where she could be buried at sea, among her family.

Princess Rhaenyra and Ser Laenor Velaryon set sail for Driftmark the morning after recieving the news of Laenors sister. Accompanying them were their three children, Prince Jacaerys, Prince Lucerys and Prince Joffery, as well as Rhaenyra's sworn protector, Ser Harwin Strong.

Princess Valera, and Prince Daemon left the next day. Prince Aerion was now almost ten and four years of age and still looked exactly like his father. Princess Aemma, who had just turned nine, refused to leave Kings Landing without Prince Aemond. Valera and Daemon argued with their daughter day in and day out until finally giving in to her request and allowing her to stay with the rest of their family.

King Viserys and Queen Alicent attended the funeral with their children as well. They arrived only to Driftmark the night before the ceremony. Prince Aegon, Princess Helaena, Prince Aemond and Prince Daeron. Traveling with them was Princess Aemma, who had transferred her deep attachment to her mother over to Prince Aemond.

Aemma and Aemond Targaryen formed an unbreakable bond as they grew together, even amidst the turmoil in their family. In fact, the disagreements between the children's parents only seemed to strengthen their relationship.  King Viserys was the only one in the family who encouraged the fondness between the two and even considered an early marriage between them in hopes of insuring peace between the two sides of his family. The marriage had not yet been scheduled due to continued infighting, much to the dismay of the children; who also believed they were meant for one another, just as their King did.

The evening following Laena Velaryon's funeral, King Viserys, Queen Alicent, Prince Daemon, Princess Valera and Princess Rhaenyra were awoken during the hour of the wolf. They were informed that there was an urgent matter involving their children and were beckoned to the great hall.

"Aemond!" Queen Alicent was the first to rush into the room. "Let me see!" She rushed towards her son, "Let me see!"

"Aemma!" Valera rushed over to her daughter who stood next to Prince Aemond. The girl had blood on her hands and the skirt of her blue dress. Her braid was loose and strands of her golden hair were pulled from it.

"Where were your guards?" Valera and Alicent shared a concerned look with one another as Valera asked what they both wondered. The Queen had her arms crossed over her chest and a deep frown was imbedded into her lips.

"We snuck out through the tunnels," Aemma told her mother calmly. She held on to Aemond as the maester weaved a needling and thread through the gash on his face. Her thumb caressed the top of his hand, "We wanted to see Vhagar."

"Come here," Valera sighed and knelt next to her daughter. She grabbed her daughter's face, turning her towards the light so she could get a better look at the cut across her check. "How did this happen?"

"Baela pushed me and a rock cut me," the girl shrugged and tried to pull away from her mother.

Valera shook her head at her daughter's words and moved behind the maester. She grabbed a clean cloth and wet it with water before going back to her daughter, dotting at that wound on her fine.