Chapter 20

Tay's P.O.V.

Jenna's room was filled with sleepy giggles as we laid side-by-side and kissed. She kept telling me to go to sleep, but then she'd kiss me and her thoughts were lost.

"We really need to sleep," Jenna said, kissing me again. "It's, like, eleven and we have school in the morning."

I groaned as she reached over me to set her alarm. I found myself biting my lip, kissing her neck.

"Tay," she whined with a giggle. "Stop that." She pulled her arm away from the alarm clock and pressed her lips to mine. "I love you."

"I love you, too," I said. The smile on my face probably made me look like an idiot.

Jenna laid back down beside me and threw her arm over my stomach, intertwining our fingers before nuzzling her head into my neck.

"Good night," she said adorably.

"Good night," I replied. We were silent for a few moments, but a question was practically eating me alive. "Hey, Jen?"

"Hmm?"

"What would happen if your mom found us together?"

I knew Jenna's mom had said she was okay with me, she said it needed time, but I was a little scared. I didn't want her to get in trouble on my account.

"I dunno," she said. "I guess I hadn't thought about that. It's not like anything bad will happen. She might just get a little upset."

I nodded a little. Jenna pulled my body closer to hers and I rolled onto my side, letting myself be surrounded with her warmth. She lifted her head and rested it on my arm.

"Hey." Her moving jaw felt weird, so I giggled. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." She moved to kiss me, then kissed me again. Once more to be sure. "Goodnight, Jen."

"Goodnight, Tay." Another quick kiss and she'd laid down beside me again.

-----/-----

"What's the point?" Sierra whined.

"To get a good education," Cameron said.

"A mediocre education," Lynn grumbled. "We sit in these desks doing nothing. We go nowhere. This isn't where I want to be. I want to be out and doing something with my life."

The girls and I said our agreements.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Cameron asked.

She shrugged. "Music, maybe..."

"Then do it. Go for it. If it's what you want to do, then do it."

Lynn smiled and looked at Sierra. "I like him. Can you keep him?"

"I'll try," she said. Cameron smiled at her.

"What do you want to do?" Alexa asked him.

He thought about it. "I don't know."

"He plays guitar amazingly," Sierra said. "He can sing."

"No, I can't."

"He can."

He sighed in defeat as we all stopped. Every single one of us could sing and play guitar. It had just always kind of been our thing. Music. It was kind of funny.

Lindsey's lunch tray hit the table, so I jumped and turned to her. She hadn't bothered straightening her hair, so she pulled it up into a bun with a bandana wrapped around it. And only a little bit of makeup. The expression on her face was "I'm angry" twenty-seven thousand times.