Chapter 3

Once at the little bed and breakfast we were staying at for the next few days. I decided I would take my camera and go a walk.

“Anybody want to go a walk a walk with me? I ask everyone.

“Nah you’re alright!” they all chorus

“Okay.” I say and excitedly and run out of the room.

I head out of the b+b and onto the streets of Mullingar. Everyone is very polite and says hello. As I walk further into the centre of the town. I think about what I was going to capture with my camera. As I go to take a picture of the church I hear some say “I like your camera.” I turn around and thank him.

“Oh you’re Scottish!”

“Yeah, I actually just got here about an hour ago with my friends.” I smile at him. He is kind of short for a man but he is still taller than me. He has dyed blonde hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes I have ever seen. They were like crystal clear pools of water.

“ Aww that’s cool, Well I’m Niall.” He exclaims.

“I’m Lauren.” I say politely .

“Where are you going now?” Niall asks.

“I don’t really know I was just wandering to see where I would end up.”I said slightly blushing.

“Well I could show you around if you wanted?” he suggests.

“Yeah that would be great, thanks.” I say excitedly.

“C’mon then!” he screams and pulls me.

A little while later we are heading back in to the centre of the town when all of a sudden I hear a weird noise coming from Niall.

“Sorry darling that was my stomach. I’m feeling a little hungry.” Niall says looking embarrassed

“Do you want to go for something to eat?” I ask.

“I know the perfect place.” He shouts pulling me behind him again.

We arrive at a small cafe in the centre of town. Niall practically runs in with me following behind him. We order our food and while we wait we sit down at a table.

“So why did you come all the way to Mullingar?” Niall asks curiously.

“My friends want to visit all the home towns of the boys from a boy band that they like.” I say

“What boy band would that be?” he asks looking a little confused

“I think its One Direction they were on x factor last year.” I say slightly confused.

“I’m guessing you don’t like them then?” Niall asked curiously

“It’s not that I don’t like them as such it’s just something I wouldn't listen too. They are too poppy for me!” I exclaimed to him

“What do you listen to then?”

“Well my favourite band is The Fray and I love The Killers.” I tell Niall.

“Do you like stripes and carrots?” Niall asks out of the blue.

“Yeah I do, why?” I ask cautiously

“I have someone you must meet, he’s coming here tomorrow!” Niall says excitedly

The waitress brings over our food and we eat in a comfortable silence. When we are finished the waitress comes over and takes the plates away and Niall asks for the bill.

“It’s on the house, Niall” The waitress says.

I look at Niall with a puzzled look on my face and he just thanks the waitress and gets up to leave.

“Are you coming or not?” Niall says laughing.

We leave the little cafe and start to head back into the town centre, when my phone goes. It’s a text from Claire looking for me. I quickly text her back and put my phone away.

“Are your friends looking for you?” Niall asks looking curiously

“Yeah but I told I would be back soon”

We continue to walk while I take some more pictures.

“Niall!” I shout. He turns quickly turns to face me and I take his picture.

“Hey not fair!” He says sticking his tongue out at me.

Niall’s phone starts to ring.

“Excuse me for two minutes it my mum.” Niall says

“Okay no problem.” I say and take some more pictures of my surroundings.

Niall talks to his mum for a while as we walk through the town. Niall hangs up and puts his phone back into his pocket.

“I have to go, my mum needs me at the house.” He says apologetically

“Its fine I should probably get back to the girls anyway.” I say to him

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow then?” Niall asks sounding hopeful.

“Yeah sure.”

“Can I have your number and I’ll text you the details later.”

I give Niall my number and he gives me his. He gave me a hug and we said our goodbyes.