Close to you

TRAVIS'S POV:
I wake up at the crack of down to the sound of taylor snoring. I peer over at her, she's sprawled out across our king sized bed, hogging all the blankets.

I usually sleep in until at least 7 or 8 on days I spent with taylor because she often doesn't wake up until 11.

But this morning i couldn't fall back to sleep. I glanced over at the clock beside my bed. It read 6:13am.

I figured it was late enough to get up, maybe start on some breakfast that i could re-heat for taylor later when she wakes up.

I quietly got out of bed, making sure to not disturb taylor from her sleep. Once i was up i poured some food into the cats bowl, all 3 of them were adorable.

For breakfast i decided to make pancakes and eggs, it was one of taylor's favorite meals to eat, so i figured it would be a nice start to the day.

Once i finished making breakfast a made two plates, putting one of them in the fridge so taylor could eat it later. She didn't mind re-heated food, and with this meal, it tasted practically the same after using the microwave.

After i finished eating, i did the dishes from last night and tidied up the kitchen. It wasn't too messy, but i didn't want her to wake up to a mess.

I decided to get in a quick workout before she woke up, since she would probably want to spend some time together.

I didn't do a super intense work out, just some running and stretches. Although it was a short and light workout, i was still drenched it sweat by the time i was done.

I hopped in the show quickly, and decided to get ready for the day. After i was all fresh and clean i changed into grey sweatpants and a random activewear t-shirt.

By the time i was all ready it 9am, which meant taylor still probably had an hour or two left of sleep.

I thought about waking her up, but she needed to sleep. She had just finished up with the european leg of her tour, so this was the first time we've gotten to spend a lot of time together. Just the two of us.

I obviously got a little bored, but i just decided to watch a few episodes of this new show I've been into lately.

I usually would've just watched it on the tv in mine and taylor's room, but she was a super light sleeper, and i didn't want the volume and sound of the tv to disturb her.

NO ONES POV:
while travis enjoys his show downstairs, taylor wakes up. The first thing that she realizes is the absence of travis.

She's missed his company so much the last month or two, all she wanted was to be close to him.

Even if they weren't going out on a date, or getting drinks, being with him was enough. Even if it was just sitting in the same room as him.

"Travis?" she mumbled, her voice still thick with sleep.

Usually travis would sleep in until she woke up, or just pet the cats in bed until they both got up. She always enjoyed her morning cuddles, but it wasn't the same when she had to find him.

Tears began to well in her eyes, she knew he was probably just doing something around the house, but she just needed to be in his lap and cuddling.

She swung her feet over the bed, wrapping her cold body in a blanket before going downstairs on her journey to find travis.

She came down the stairs, still wrapped up in her fuzzy blanket. Travis was still enjoying his show on the couch, but paused the episode once he heard taylor's soft footsteps enter the room.

"Good morning tay." he said, setting the remote down before noticing tears streaming down her face.

"What's the matter babygirl? C'mere sweet girl" he coaxed her into his lap.

"Baby, i want to help you. Can you tell me why you're upset?" he repeats, giving her kisses all over her face.

She let out a small laugh, giggling at all the kisses she received.

"There's  a smile" travis chuckled, but still a little concerned why taylor hasn't spoken yet.

"Honey, can you tell me why you're upset? Words please." he asks, wiping the tears out of her eyes using his thumbs.

"When i woke up.. You weren't there. I wanted my morning cuddles." she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Ohbaby. I'm sorry, i didn't think you were gonna wake up yet." he apologized, pulling her into a much need comforting hug.

"i just wanna be close to you." she whined.

"Well how about we cuddle now? Yeah?" he offered, moving his body to make more space for taylor.

"Don't wanna be on the couch. I wanna lay in bed." she demanded, pulling him up off the couch.

"Of course babygirl, let's go." he said, gesturing her to walk.

"Carry me?" she insisted, wrapping her arms around his neck, clinging on to him like a toddler would to their parents.

"Yes, I'll carry you." he agreed, picking her up. She wrapped her legs around his waist and rested her head on his neck.

"You're lucky you're so cute." he laughed as he set her back down in bed, gently tucking her into the covers again.

He went to the other side of the bed, and sat with his upper body propped against the headboard.

He pulled taylor's smaller body in closer to his, gently spooning her, but she had a different idea planned in her head.

"No." she mumbled, travis furrowed his eyebrows.

"I wanna be held." she demanded. She re-situated herself and sat directly in his lap, giving him a peck on the cheek.

"I love you travis." she smiled, resting back into him.

"i love you to sweet girl." he said, throwing his arms around her body, embracing her into a tight hug

——

Re-published from my first book.

Leave requests here—>