CH 1: The Calm Before the Next Storm

The finals were finally behind him, and as Harry left the school grounds with Garmr to return to Morgana's Crater, he felt a wave of relief wash over him. The anticipation of summer vacation, of those precious months where the demands of school life would be a distant memory, filled him with a sense of peace. The year had been grueling—intense classes, tournaments, Slave Week, and the finals had all taken their toll. Now, it was time to recharge.

As soon as Harry arrived at Morgana's Crater, he was greeted warmly by the five Custodians, who were eager to hear about his achievements and experiences. "Welcome back, Harry," Valeria, Keeper of the Veil, said with a smile. "We've heard much about your successes this year. You've done well."

"Thanks, Valeria," Harry replied, feeling a swell of pride but also an overwhelming sense of exhaustion. "It's good to be back. I really need this break."

Emma, Shade of the Throne, nodded approvingly. "And a break you shall have. This is your time to rest and restore yourself. We'll have plenty of time to discuss your growth when you're ready."

The first two months of summer vacation passed in a blissful haze of relaxation. Harry embraced the opportunity to do nothing but unwind and enjoy the simple pleasures of life at the Crater. The days were long and lazy, filled with nothing but rest, indulgence, and the gentle care of those around him.

Harry's mornings began leisurely, often waking to the sound of birds chirping softly outside his window. There was no rush to start the day—no classes to attend, no responsibilities pressing down on him. After a light breakfast, he would spend time lounging by the pool, the cool water providing a refreshing escape from the warmth of the day. The pool at Morgana's Crater was magical, its waters shimmering with a faint glow, always the perfect temperature, and soothing to both body and mind.

One morning, as Harry lay on a comfortable lounge chair by the pool, Talon approached with a tray of fresh fruit. "Master Harry," Talon said softly, "would you like some grapes? Or perhaps a chilled drink to keep you refreshed?"

Harry opened his eyes slightly, a relaxed smile forming on his lips. "Grapes sound perfect, Talon. And maybe a bit of that cool mint tea you prepared yesterday?"

"Of course, Master," Talon replied with a nod, plucking a grape and gently placing it in Harry's mouth. "You seem more at ease already."

"That's because of you," Harry said, chewing slowly, savoring the sweetness of the fruit. "I don't know what I'd do without your help, Talon."

Talon smiled, his expression serene. "It's my pleasure to serve, Master Harry."

Afternoons were often spent in the hot tub, where the warm, bubbling water worked its magic on Harry's tired muscles. The hot tub was set in a serene part of the Crater, surrounded by lush greenery and the soothing sounds of nature. It was a place of tranquility, where Harry could close his eyes and let his thoughts drift away.

One afternoon, Valeria and Theron joined Harry for a quiet soak in the hot tub. "You seem to be truly relaxing," Valeria observed, leaning back and closing her eyes. "It's good to see."

Harry chuckled softly. "I think I've forgotten what it feels like to worry. This place... it's magic in more ways than one."

Theron, Guardian of the Arcane Wells, nodded. "The Crater has that effect. It allows one to breathe, to let go. You've earned this peace, Harry."

Meals were a leisurely affair, with Talon often feeding Harry as he reclined in comfort. The food was simple yet delicious, prepared with care and attention to detail by the Crater's staff. One evening, while Talon was feeding him slices of honey-glazed fruit, Harry looked up and asked, "Talon, do you ever get tired of looking after me?"

Talon paused for a moment, a rare smile touching his lips. "Never, Master Harry. Your well-being brings me purpose and contentment. It's all I could ever ask for."

Evenings were spent in quiet reflection, sometimes in the company of the five Custodians, who offered gentle conversation and support. They respected Harry's need for rest, allowing him to take the lead in how much or how little he wanted to engage.

One evening, Caelum, Steward of the Eternal Library, brought up a topic over dinner. "Harry, when you feel ready, there are some new books in the library that might interest you. They touch on some advanced techniques in Divination and Necromancy."

Harry, feeling the weight of his relaxed body and mind, smiled. "Maybe in a few weeks, Caelum. For now, I'm just enjoying not having to think too hard."

Caelum chuckled softly. "Fair enough. You deserve this time."

At night, after another soothing massage from Talon, Harry would drift off to sleep with ease, his mind free from worry and his body fully relaxed. Talon's hands worked methodically, easing out the knots in his muscles, and Harry would let out a contented sigh.

"You always know just the right pressure," Harry murmured one night, his voice heavy with drowsiness. "Thanks, Talon."

"Rest well, Master Harry," Talon replied gently, his voice a soothing balm in the quiet room. "Tomorrow is another day to enjoy."

The days blended into each other in a peaceful rhythm, with Harry doing nothing but what he pleased. It was a time of healing, both physically and mentally, and by the end of the second month, he felt completely renewed. The intensity of the past year was a distant memory, replaced by a sense of calm and readiness for whatever the future might bring.

This summer was much like the last, a period of pure relaxation, and Harry savored every moment of it. He knew that when the time came, he would return to school refreshed and prepared, but for now, he was content to let the days pass by in serene enjoyment.