Ch 16: The Final Stretch and Homecoming

Exams were upon the school, and the atmosphere was charged with anticipation. The students faced a series of rigorous tests: physical, oral, and written. These exams were designed not only to test their knowledge but also to challenge their practical skills and mental acuity. The pressure was immense, but Harry approached each challenge with the determination and confidence he had built throughout the year.

The physical exams required students to demonstrate their mastery of various spells and magical techniques. Harry performed each task with precision, his movements fluid and his spells accurate. The oral exams tested his ability to articulate his understanding of complex magical theories, and he spoke with clarity and confidence, impressing his examiners. Finally, the written exams demanded a deep understanding of the subjects, and Harry's extensive preparation paid off as he methodically worked through each question.

When the last exam was over, Harry felt an overwhelming sense of relief. The intensity of the past month had drained him, but he was satisfied with his performance. Now, it was time to return to the place where he could truly relax—Morgana's Crater, his home with the five Custodians, whom he now considered his family.

Garmr, the ever-loyal Guardian, was waiting to take Harry back. The journey was a welcome respite from the hustle and bustle of school life, and as they soared through the skies, Harry allowed himself to unwind, leaving the stress of exams behind.

Upon arriving at Morgana's Crater, Harry was greeted warmly by the five Custodians: Valeria, Emma, Theron, Lira, and Caelum. They welcomed him back with open arms, sensing the exhaustion in his eyes and the weight that had been lifted from his shoulders. The first day was spent simply relaxing, letting Harry reacclimate to the peaceful surroundings of the Crater.

On the second day, during dinner, Harry felt ready to share the details of his year. The five Custodians listened intently as he recounted everything—how the exams had gone, the two intense tournaments that had tested him and his peers, and the events surrounding Ginny's transformation into a school slave.

Harry took his time describing how he had first seen Ginny at the school, the shock of recognizing her after all that had happened. He explained how, despite his initial surprise, he had kept his composure, choosing not to reveal his emotions. He shared how seeing her as a slave had stirred up old memories, but also how it had forced him to confront the reality of their new lives in Darfea.

"At first, it was difficult," Harry admitted. "Seeing her like that, serving without question, it brought back so many memories of our time together in the old world. But I knew I had to push those thoughts aside. This isn't the world we came from, and the roles we play here are different."

He then detailed the moment that solidified his understanding of these roles—Ginny's mistake with one of the Heirs, and the severe punishment that followed. Harry described the scene in the Black Courtyard, how half the school had gathered to watch, and how Ginny had endured the brutal punishment. He explained how witnessing her suffering had been painful, but also clarifying.

"Watching her receive those lashes, something finally clicked for me," Harry continued, his voice steady. "I realized that we're no longer the same people we were in the old world. Here, I am a master, and she is a slave. Our lives have taken completely different paths, and there's no going back. It's not just about accepting it—it's about embracing it. This is who we are now."

The Custodians listened in silence, understanding the weight of what Harry was saying. They had seen many others come to similar realizations over the years, and they knew the importance of this moment for Harry. It was a significant step in his journey toward fully integrating into the world of Darfea.

After sharing these reflections, Harry moved on to other topics—his Job Counseling sessions, the friendships he had strengthened, and the challenges he had faced throughout the year. The conversation flowed easily, with the Custodians offering their thoughts and advice as they dined together. Harry felt lighter for having shared his experiences, as if a burden had been lifted by simply speaking them aloud.

When dinner concluded, Harry excused himself and returned to his room, feeling more at peace than he had in months.

Talon was already there, waiting for him as usual. The nightly routine unfolded with its familiar rhythm—Talon attending to Harry's needs, ensuring he was comfortable and relaxed. As Talon's hands worked out the tension in Harry's muscles, Harry found himself sinking into a state of deep contentment. The warmth and security of Morgana's Crater, combined with the support of the Custodians and Talon, made him feel truly at home.

As he drifted off to sleep that night, Harry knew he was exactly where he was meant to be, surrounded by those who cared for him and supported his journey. The trials of the school year were behind him, and now he could fully embrace the peace and rest that summer at Morgana's Crater offered.