Chapter 22

Nakaharap ako sa salamin habang sinusuklay ang buhok. Ang daming bumagabag sa isip ko, hindi ako sigurado kung tama pa ba itong ginagawa ko. I sighed. Napatingin ako sa balkonahe, tila kay ganda ng panahon sa labas. I decided to head over there, and as soon as I took my first step onto the balcony, I felt something brush against my foot. I immediately looked down to see what it was. It was a red box, resembling a gift. My brows furrowed in confusion as I bent down to pick it up. Without a second thought, I opened the box.

I gasped in shock at what I found inside the box—it was a dead raven. Its lifeless body lay still, dark feathers matted with blood that seemed disturbingly fresh. The strong, metallic scent of it filled the air, making my stomach churn as the foul odor enveloped my senses. My grip on the box tightened involuntarily, knuckles turning white as my blood boiled with fury. A surge of anger flared through me, like a wildfire coursing through my veins, threatening to consume me.

Fo a moment, my vision blurred, halos hindi ako makahinga sa lakas nang tibok ng puso ko. I am mad. How dare them to send me this kind of threat. Napatingin ako sa baba at nakita ko roon si Anastasia na nakatingin sa akin. I gritted my teeth as I saw her smirking at me. This woman has no shame.

Slowly, I released the tight grip I had formed, taking a deep breath to calm myself. I cannot let her get to me. I shouldn’t be surprised by this, knowing full well that the real game has only just begun. I straightened my posture, steadying my composure. My eyebrow arched slightly as Lilieth approached her side. The look on their faces suggested they were close—so they are allies. Of course, birds of the same feather flock together.

Pumasok na ako at pinatapon ko kay Sarah ang patay na ibon. Mabuti at hindi siya nagtanong, maging si Edward ay wala rin sinabi. Mukhang inaasahan na rin nila.

"Your Majesty." I immediately looked up at Sarah, who had just entered the room after a quick knock. There was an unmistakable tension on her face, something heavy and unsettling weighing down her expression, "Speak," I commanded, my voice steady and firm. She quickly lowered her head in respect.

"Your Majesty, nadakip ang Duke at kasalukuyang nasa silid trono ito ngayon. His Majesty is facing him at this moment," she reported, her voice slightly trembling as she spoke.

Without hesitation, I stood from my seat, a mixture of anticipation and excitement coursing through me. I left my chamber quickly, and Sarah followed closely behind. I could feel my heart race with the thrill of what I was about to witness, a scene I was certain would entertain me.

When I arrived at the throne room, the sight before me brought a smirk to my lips. There, kneeling in submission, was the Duke, his head bowed before the Emperor. My entrance did not go unnoticed; the Emperor's gaze briefly flickered in my direction, acknowledging my presence without a word. Yet, his focus remained firmly on the Duke, the tension in the air thick and palpable.

Nakarating ako sa aking trono at kaagad binasa ni Henry ang nakasulat sa pergamino. "By the will of the Emperor, the son of the Empire. You, Duke, have dared to defy the Empire. For your crimes, you shall face the consequences. You are involved in illegal activities, and execution is the only rightful path to justice," his voice steady, authoritative, and unwavering.

A smirk tugged at my lips as I noticed the Duke's eyes widen in sheer terror. " Your Majesty! Please have mercy!" the once proud and defiant man was now visibly shaken, fear and dread unmistakably etched across his face. His composure crumbled under the weight of the Emperor's declaration, and it was clear that he understood the gravity of his situation. I could almost feel the fear emanating from him, his fate now sealed.