Chapter 16

Nakatingin lamang ako sa dagat habang tinatangay naman ang buhok ko ng hangin. Ang bawat alon ay tila kumakaway ito sa akin. I took a deep breath. Why am I feeling disappointed? This is strange.

I sighed and turned my gaze toward the moon. The moon was breathtaking, especially since it was the only thing casting light over the vast ocean. Its glow shimmered as it reflected off the water's surface.

"My wife is here, and it's unexpected." I immediately turned to face the speaker. My heart skipped a beat, a familiar sensation whenever I was near him or had to confront him directly. I quickly looked away and swallowed hard. Why is the top button of his shirt undone? Now I can clearly see his muscular chest.

"I got bored," I lied, trying to keep my voice steady and maintain my composure. I wrapped my arms around myself as the wind suddenly picked up. Why is it so cold? The ocean water is warm, and the air shouldn't be this chilly, it should be just mild.

I gasped as warm arms suddenly wrapped around me from behind. I instinctively tried to pull away from his embrace, but he immediately pressed himself closer to me. My heart started to race, and I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. "Y-your Majesty," I murmured, struggling to catch my breath while desperately trying to maintain my composure.

"It's cold, and this is the best way to stay warm." His hushed words made me grip the ship's railing tightly. His voice was deep and husky, and the warmth of his breath against my ear sent shivers down my spine. The heat from his body was so intense that it made my knees tremble.

"You're being clingy, Your Majesty," I remarked, forcing my voice to be firm and cold, trying to conceal the turmoil that his closeness was stirring within me. I wanted to free myself from his embrace—his nearness was overwhelming, and I didn’t like how much it was affecting me.

"Maybe I just missed my wife," he whispered, and I was taken aback by what he did next. He pressed a kiss to the bare skin of my shoulder, causing my eyes to widen in shock. Suddenly, I started hiccuping uncontrollably, my heart pounding even faster as my entire body felt like it was on fire, consumed by an intense heat.

The hiccups continued, much to my embarrassment. It was as if they were a clear sign of how deeply affected I was by his touch.

I let out a soft laugh, though the hiccups kept interrupting me. I tried to remain as calm as possible—this was truly embarrassing. "H-his Majesty is acting strange all of a sudden, and it’s quite frightening," I remarked, finding my boldness amidst the chaos of my emotions. I was caught off guard when I heard his low, seductive chuckle, and I quickly pressed my lips together. Goodness! If he continued like this, I might lose control. Yes, I wanted to gain his favor, I wanted to tame him, but this—this was far beyond what I had imagined!

An irrational urge welled up within me—a desire to cling to him, and it terrified me.

"Maybe this is a good start," he mumbled, and I frowned in confusion. What did he mean by 'a good start'? A start of what?

"I don’t understand, Your Majesty," I replied. My gaze dropped to my hands as he placed his own over them, gently gripping them. A chill ran through me at his touch, sending my mind into a whirlwind. Goodness!

"A good start to building our relationship," he clarified. I immediately turned to face him, and slowly, the irritation that had been building up inside me began to fade. I stared into his eyes, and he appeared completely serious.