Moving Day

"Yes mom I'm all packed up and my cab is coming soon." She paused. "No mom I'm not bringing home any boys this time." She laughed but it faded. "Ok see you soon. I love you too. Bye." Kayla put her cell phone away and took the last suitcase to the elevator. When she hit the button for the ground floor the doors closed and away she went. The lights peering through the door made her upset. Her mind pictured Al behind a gun shooting towards her but not at her. The light from the firing almost blinded her. She closed and rubbed her eyes and realized it was her mind playing tricks again. The doors open and she took her bag to the street where the bellhop was with her other bags. "Ms. Madden, your performance was wonderful." He said to her. "Thanks Sebastion." She said. She walked back in the building to grab a newspaper to read up on anything Punisher related. The headline read Masked Vigilante On The Loose. She knew it wasn't him. She knew he was gone but yet she knew he wasn't. The cab arrived and she got all her luggage in and she was on her way to the airport. Her cab driver was good,  weaving in and out of traffic. Her mind imagined she was in the Back of Al's van when he was being chased by god knows who. He'd be flooring it and then he'd turn around and shoot in Kayla's direction but not at her. The look of fury was on his face. "Ms. Madden?" She shook her head. "Are you alright? I've been calling your name for five minutes." Kayla came back to reality. "I'm fine.....I just get nervous when I fly." The driver understood. Kayla got help with her bags in the airport. When everything was good she waited for her plane but was uneasy about it. Everywhere she turned she saw his face. She was uncomfortable with leaving. She didn't want to leave him behind. But her plane number was called and she boarded. She got a window seat. She stared out of it all the way up until the clouds blocked her view. A stranger on the ground watched the plane fly away. As soon as it disappeared so did he.