A Familiar Face

Al came around the corner to see the rest of the men collect the money from the manager.  He stayed out of sight for now. "Ok, now you tell Brett that this won't happen again." The manager said. "My father's name was Brett." Al thought to himself. "FREEZE!" Someone shouted. Al looked over to see officers of the law. The thugs looked at the manager. "Must've been the security officer in the back of the store I swear." The thugs were stuck. "Don't shoot or the girl gets it." A thug said around the corner. "Oh great a hostage situation." Al thought. He came around the corner with Kayla in his grasp. "Are you fucking serious? Of all the people to hold hostage she has to be here. Ugggh. She was probably buying gummi bears." Al thought to himself. The officers lowered their guns and the thugs left with Kayla. The officers started searching the aisles. The poor officer that chose Al's aisle got knocked out and Al ran to his car. He got in and took off after the trucks. They put Kayla in the back of the cab and knocked her out so she wouldn't struggle. They truned onto the highway. They were right behind the other. Al pulled up and set the cruise control and hoped for the best as he jumped out the passenger door onto the left side of the truck. He broke the driver's window and hit the driver in the mouth. The passenger tried to grab AL but pulled of his mask instead. The passenger looked on in awe as he looked at Al. "Drop the girl." The passenger said. They cut the girl loose and Al carefully put Kayla in the front seat. A turn was coming up and Al got back in the driver's seat and switched off the cruise control. The truck got off at the nearest exit. Al looked over at Kayla who was still unconscious. "What am I going to do with you?" he asked as he looked for a u-turn.  In the truck the driver looked pissed. "What the hell Brett? Why did you let her go?" Brett looked out the window. "That was my son."