Father, Son Bonding

"I smell........sausage?" Al said to himself as he opened his eyes. To his surprise, he was sitting in a wooden chair in front of a table with food on it. From macaroni and cheese to bacon cheeseburgers this table was loaded. There was just one food that was out of place. "Kielbasi?" Al wondered. He picked up a fork and took a bite. "There is only one person alive that cooks kielbasi like that." Soon a figure stepped out of the darkness. "You're right." He said. "Oh my god." Al said looking at him. "Hello Alex." His father said. Al shot out of his chair and hugged his dad as tight as he could. Tears were forming in his eyes. "Dad....I thought you..." Brett embraced Al and reassured him. "I know but I finally found you." They hug for a while and then sit down and eat. Brett eats some of the food but Al ate all of the rest. They soon go outside on a balcony to talk. "You still with that heavy set girl?" Brett asked lighting a cigar. Al walks over and flips a table over the balcony rails. "Don't ever talk about her like that again." Brett was surprised and redacted his comment. "Do you want to know what happened to the last guy who talked about her like that?" Al asks. "Sure." Brett says putting his feet up. Al walks over, flips out a knife and slams it into the table making Brett jump. "I cut their fucking tongue out." Brett nodded in accordance and beckoned Al to sit down. "So are you and Kayla still together?" Al looked at the sky. He was hiding a tear that rolled down his cheek. "I'm not good enough for her." Brett took out his cigar and stared at Al. "My son is good enough for any woman." Al looked over at his father. "As you can see from my outfit, I've been making some interesting life choices. I didn't want want her to get caught in the middle but she was in danger and I acted upon it but she left me out of fear." Brett nodded. "That's understandable." Al stood up again. "I feel like, had I not become the punisher, she still would have left me. Like I would have fucked it up like how I fuck everything up." Brett stood up and went over to Al. "Making mistakes is the main part of being human. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. If this girl really loved you she would review what worked, what didn't and come back to you to try again. It's all up to your enthusiasm to make it work." Al looked over at Brett. "But now I'm a mass murderer." Al said jokingly. "How did you survive the mob hit anyway dad?" Al asked. "I thought I was the only one who survived. I got out after everyone......" Brett said. "I know, I tried to stop them but I got shot in the side." Brett nodded. "So what types of people do you kill?" He asked. "Those who deserve it." Al said. "Well it's getting late and you obviously live somewhere so I'll let you go. I put my cell in your phone. I may have jobs in your skill field if you want." Brett said guiding Al through the warehouse. "Ok dad, see you soon." Al said walking to the van. "That felt rushed." Al said to himself getting into his van. He sees the picture of his guardian angel on his dashboard. He picks it up and wipes his thumb over the glass. "I miss you so much." He says to himself. He puts it back and starts the van and drives home.