1

I woke up and it felt like I was just dreaming, even though I could tell that it wasn't. So I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. I stripped off my clothes and stepped into the shower. I turned on the water and it actually heated up pretty quickly.

I finished my shower and got dried off; I then got changed into a pair of blue distressed skinny jeans, a black tank top, navy blue over sized sweatshirt, and a pair of black and white Vans.

After I was dressed I brushed my teeth and went back to the room. I walked into the living room part of my motel room. I was happy when I heard the tags that are on my cat's collar, tingling as he jumped off of the bed. I laughed as he meowed at me while he trotted past and into the very small kitchen. So I went to get him his morning milk. Like I always do, then I got breakfast for both me and the cat.

We ate our breakfast and I then went to the door and left for a walk around the very small town. It has been getting annoying to stay here sometimes, since everyone knows each other and their personal lives. No one can have secrets around here, at least, not for long anyways.

I guess that I completely lost track of time from thinking about the town. Because when I looked up from the ground and around at all of my surrounding, I saw that I was surrounded by the woods. It seemed as if there weren't any houses for miles. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the time. It was two in the afternoon, which was surprising since I left at eleven this morning.

Once I saw the time I started to get worried. If it took me three hours to get where I was and that means it will take three hours to get back. I groaned in annoyance with myself and turned around to start walking back to my temporary home.

The reason it's a temporary home is because I am only 16 and I don't have parents. I was supposed to go to either a foster home or an orphanage, but I ran before the police found me. Now I'm running from them and have been for almost a year.

Anyways I was lost in my thoughts again, and didn't notice a car pulling up next to me. I heard it come to a stop and I looked over at the car and the person rolled down the passenger side window. "Hey, do you need a ride?" The man that was in the driver's seat asked me. I looked at him for a second then shook my head no. "Please. My client is insisting that you take this ride." He said looking at the back seat.

I furrowed my eyebrows and asked, "What do you mean your client?"

All of sudden the back passenger side window rolled down. There was a man that was sitting in the back, but I couldn't really see what he looked like. "He means me, the guy that pays him to drive around." He said with a, what sounded to me, cocky attitude. Like that statement was supposed to impress me.

"Well, since you are the 'client' that he was talking about, I can say this to your face. I don't need a ride. I am perfectly capable of getting back to my place on my own. Thanks for the offer though." And with that I turned and started to walk away thinking that they would just drive away and leave me alone. I didn't expect them to pull up next to me again, and this time it was the back of the car that stopped directly next to me.

I sighed and turned towards the car again. "Please take the ride. You don't know the dangers that are in these woods. Especially for such a beautiful girl like yourself." He said and smirked. I just rolled my eyes at his comment.

"Yeah because the big bad wolf is going to come out and take away all of my goodies. I also wear a red hood and my grandma lives out in the middle of nowhere." I said completely sarcastically. He did a deep chuckle and saw the driver get a nervous look on his face. I don't think I should be nervous since he just made a really stupid comment.

"You never know, the big bad wolf could be real. So could other things that are made out to be myths." He said smirking. Is he really saying that werewolves and vampires and other things are real?! Is he insane?! "I'm not insane. I don't understand why people keep thinking I am."