CHAPTER 13: THE YEAR (PART 3)

Celeste's P.O.V ✨🌟
The day has finally come. It's been one whole year since the date Alexander and Lilith were supposed to get married. Meaning Morpheus will be coming soon.

I failed to sleep last night because I kept on having nightmares about being tortured to death by Morpheus and other gods. When I saw the sun coming out, I leaped out of bed and took a bath and by the time the sun was fully out, I had already eaten my breakfast.

After, I went to my bedroom. Then I begin to think about whether I should pack my belongings or not. But Morpheus is coming to get me whether I'm ready or not and I'd rather be ready. So, I got a bag Stella made for me a few months ago.

It's a really pretty bag. It's white with yellow flowers made of fabric stitched to it and has straps so that I can put it over my shoulder.

I packed my favorite dresses, shoes and jewelry. Then I left the rest because they couldn't fit in the bag. By the time I finished packing everyone else was awake.

Then Stella, Helen and Venus barged into my room as if they were checking if Morpheus had already taken me. First, they looked at the bag on my bed and then they all three their arms around me and hugged me. Then they began to cry which also made me cry.

We just stood there hugging and crying until Helen spoke.

" I don't want him to take you away. I don't want you to go."

" I also don't want that but what else can we do. If we try to stop him he'll just kill us." Stella said as more tears came down her face. This is the first time I've seen Stella cry like this. She's always been so strong but I guess she can't keep it in any more. Then she sat down on the bed as she began to cry even more.

" I'm so sorry Celeste. If only I had done something you wouldn't have been this mess. But I just stood there like a statue." She said and blamed herself.

" I have an idea." Helen said while wiping her face with her hands. " I know that there's nothing we can do about it but let's try to enjoy the last few hours we have together."

" Yes. Let's go out to the market. We can buy clothes and other things." Venus suggested.

" Don't forget the food. It's not an outing without food." Helen said with a smile that made Venus giggle and Stella smile. So, after collecting our money and getting dressed we went to Stella's bedroom.

" How much do we have?" I asked.

" Four hundred and seventeen drachma." Stella said as she added the last coin.

" That's way more than enough!" Venus exclaimed. Then Lilith walked in.

" What are you doing? Why are you all dressed up." She asked at the door way. Then we all went quiet.

" It's nothing-"

" I wasn't talking to you." She snapped at me. " I was talking to my sisters."

" Hey! So, you're saying that Celeste isn't your sister." Stella shouted. " Who do you think you are to disown your sister. This is why we didn't want to tell you about this." Then Stella put all the money in a pouch and took my hand. " Helen, Venus let's go." She said as we walked out.

                            ☀️☀️☀️

Stella's P.O.V☀️🌠
After walking through the market place and buying somethings, Helen suggested that we take a break and buy some food.

So, we decided to go to the baker's stall which was attached to his house.

" What can I get you?" Titus, the baker, asked in a jolly mood. He's always been a happy man.