Dance

The incident changed you. It was my fault. I shouldn't have brought you there, at that time.

You loved dancing, it was your escape. I loved seeing you dance. You moved effortlessly and flawlessly, as if you controlled the music rather than letting it control you.

Every Tuesday you went to the dance studio, and I would go with you. I loved seeing you dance. You moved confidently and perfectly, as if nothing else in the world existed.

Then on September 15 last year, your birthday, it happened. We were going out for ice cream together. It was our tradition ever since we started dating.

As we passed the dance studio, they were there. Eight men waiting in the small alleyway nearby, ready to ambush two innocent people.

I kept you safe, I never let them even touch you. But still the next day, Tuesday, you couldn't bring yourself to go back to that place. You said you hated dancing. My heart shattered.

You stopped going out alone. You were terrified and I didn't blame you. I was too. I knew I needed to do something to help get my sunshine back. My sunshine, who was slowly fading right before my eyes.

I offered to take you to a different studio, on the other side of town. You refused and said you hated dancing. I swear the world became a little darker.

One day, Agust 11 this year, my birthday, we were going to the park. We saw some people dancing on the street. You knew the song, and I encouraged you to join them.

You hesitated, and I saw the longing in your eyes. You wanted to dance. I wanted to see you dance again.

Then one of them beckons for you to join them, and you slowly agree. I smile, and I say, "You can do it, go show them what you've got."

Then you danced, and the world regained its light. So did your eyes, and your face brightened with a smile. I felt a couple small tears slip down my cheeks. I loved seeing you dance, and even more, I loved seeing you love dancing again.

When we went home that day, you asked me if I would still take you to that new dance studio. I agreed in less than a heartbeat. I knew you never hated dancing, and I was so glad you had realized how much you still loved it, even if it took time and patience.

Now, you go every Thursday and dance at the new studio. I always go with you, because I love seeing you dance.

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ♫ ⋅.} ───── ⊰

Who are the eight men? I'm not telling :)

I wrote a happy ending for once without having to make a second or third part :D