Uninvited Guest

Yeonbeen made her way to the door, expecting it to be a delivery or perhaps one of her family members. But as she opened the door, her heart skipped a beat.

Standing before her was Jung Jihoon, his piercing gaze locking onto hers. Yeonbeen's mind went blank, her body frozen in shock.

"J-Jihoon," she stuttered, trying to hide the tremble in her voice.

Jihoon's smile was charming, but Yeonbeen saw something else lurking beneath the surface. Something sinister.

"Yeonbeen," he said, his voice low and husky

"Yeonbeen," he said, his voice low and husky. "It's been a while."

Yeonbeen's instincts screamed at her to slam the door shut, but her body seemed rooted to the spot. Jihoon's presence was like a dark cloud, suffocating her.

"What do you want, Jihoon?" she managed to ask, trying to keep her voice steady.

Jihoon chuckled, his eyes glinting with amusement. "Oh, I think you know why I'm here, Yeonbeen. We have unfinished business."

Yeonbeen's mind raced, her thoughts spiraling back to the mysterious messages and the warning from Seokjin. She knew she had to be careful.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she lied, trying to sound convincing.

Jihoon's smile grew wider, his eyes flashing with intensity. "Don't play dumb, Yeonbeen. I know all about your little investigation. And I'm here to put a stop to it."

Yeonbeen stood taller, her heart pounding, but her resolve unwavering. "I won't back down, Jihoon. I know you're involved in Jongki's disappearance, and I'll find out the truth."

Jihoon's smile faltered, his eyes narrowing. "You're brave, I'll give you that. But bravery won't save you from the truth."

Yeonbeen's voice remained steady. "I'm not afraid of you, Jihoon. And I won't let you intimidate me."

Jihoon took a step closer, his voice dripping with menace. "You should be afraid, Yeonbeen. You're playing with fire."

Yeonbeen refused to back down, her eyes locked on Jihoon's. "I'll keep searching for answers, no matter what you do. And I'll make sure you pay for what you've done."

Seokjin's words echoed in her mind: "We'll protect you, Yeonbeen." She knew she wasn't alone.

Jihoon's face twisted in anger, but Yeonbeen stood firm, her courage fueling her determination.