Echoes of silence

Taehyung's eyes narrowed, sensing Yeonbeen's sudden tension. He glanced at Jin, but his brother seemed equally perplexed.

Yeonbeen composed herself, her expression neutral. "I'll handle this."

She walked to the entrance, her steps measured. Jungkook stepped aside, his eyes locked on Kim Jae-wook.

"Kim Jae-wook," Yeonbeen said, her voice firm but guarded. "What brings you here?"

Kim Jae-wook's smile widened, but his eyes remained cold. "Just a friendly visit, Yeonbeen. We have... unfinished business to discuss."

Taehyung's instincts screamed, warning. There was something sinister lurking beneath Kim Jae-wook's polished demeanour.

Jin approached, his protective instincts kicking in. "Yeonbeen, do you know this guy?"

Yeonbeen hesitated, her gaze darting between Jin and Kim Jae-wook. "We... have a past connection.."

Yeonbeen's voice was firm. "Kim Jae-wook, I think it's best you leave. This isn't a good time."

Kim Jae-wook's smile never wavered, but his eyes flashed with annoyance. "I'm afraid it's very important, Yeonbeen. We can't leave things... unresolved."

Jin stepped forward, his protective instincts on high alert. "I think Yeonbeen made herself clear. You should go."

Kim Jae-wook's gaze lingered on Yeonbeen before shifting to Jin. "Fine. But this isn't over, Yeonbeen. We will talk soon."

With that, he turned and left, disappearing into the night.

The tension in the room was palpable. Taehyung's eyes met Yeonbeen's, searching for answers.

"What was that about?" Jin asked, breaking the silence.

Yeonbeen's expression was tight-lipped. "Just an old acquaintance. Don't worry about it."

Taehyung sensed she was hiding something.

Jisoo and Jin shared a weighted glance, their eyes conveying a shared concern. Haein noticed the exchange but remained silent.

Haein turned to Yeonbeen, his voice softening. "Yeonbeen unnie, is everything alright? You seem... disturbed."

Yeonbeen's mask of composure faltered for a moment before she regained control. "I'm fine, Haein. Just a surprise visit, that's all."

Haein's gaze probed deeper. "Are you sure? You're not hiding something from us, are you?"

Yeonbeen's pause was almost imperceptible. "Of course not, Haein. Why would I?"

Jisoo and Jin exchanged another glance, their skepticism evident.

Taehyung observed the exchange, his mind racing. What was Yeonbeen concealing?

Haein's eyes lingered on Yeonbeen, searching for reassurance.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

In silence's dark and hollowed halls
Echoes of shattered dreams, forever call
Whispers of love, now lost and cold
Haunt the shadows, where heartbreak unfold