Chapter One

(Y/N)'s POV:

I was walking home from the school library on a sunny Tuesday afternoon, my books in my hands and my backpack over my shoulder, when suddenly, I felt a force knock me off my feet. I dropped all my things as I landed on the ground, terrified due to the current situation. I opened my eyes and looked up to see a handsome boy around 17 years old, sitting on the concrete sidewalk in front of me, staring into my eyes. At the moment I could've sworn I was blushing.

I think he realized he was silent, because he spoke up very quickly. "Oh! Sorry, here let me help," he said. He got onto his knees and helped me pick up my books as I tried to catch my bearings. I then sprung up as quickly as he had, and started collecting my things too. Once everything was off the ground, we stood up and faced each other. "Thanks, sorry about that," I said. "No problem," the boy said as he handed me my books.

"I-I'm (Y/N), you?" I said. "I'm Soda, Sodapop Curtis," he said with a smile so warm it could melt my heart. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah, I guess," I said with a small laugh. "Unfortunately I have to go now, I'll see you around Soda!" I said with a wave. As I turned to walk away, I heard him mumble a small "Bye," from behind me.

"Oooohh," I heard a voice say as I walked. I turned around for a split second and saw another boy standing with him. Oh gosh, was he there the whole time? That's awkward, I thought to myself. When I turned around, I saw Soda and the other boy walking away from where we had fallen, the latter laughing a lot as they walked.

As I processed what had just happened, I continued my way home like I had been before. As soon as I got home, I went to my room, closed the door, and layed down on my bed, only now realizing what I had just taken part in.

.