CHAPTER 14

Jungkook stood at the top of the stairs, his cold eyes fixed on the door below as the banging intensified. Lisa’s father was becoming more insistent, more desperate. But Jungkook wasn’t going to let him in. Not without a fight.

“Jungkook!” Mr. Lee’s voice was raw with fury. “If you don’t open this door, I swear I’ll tear it down myself!”

Jungkook’s lip curled into a sneer as he descended the stairs, his steps slow and deliberate. He knew exactly what he was going to do. His hand brushed against the door handle, but he paused, glancing back toward the top of the stairs, where Lisa’s small, trembling figure was barely visible in the dim light. She was his now. No one else’s. He would make sure her father understood that.

He opened the door just enough to meet Mr. Lee’s eyes, but his body blocked the entrance entirely. “You need to leave,” he said, his voice low and menacing. “This isn’t your business anymore.”

Lisa’s father, a man who had always been composed, was shaking with rage. His face was flushed, his hands clenched into fists at his sides. “Get out of my way, Jungkook,” he growled. “I’m taking my daughter home, and you can’t stop me.”

Jungkook’s eyes darkened further, his expression unyielding. “She’s not going anywhere. Lisa belongs to me now. She’s staying here, whether you like it or not.”

Mr. Lee took a step forward, but Jungkook didn’t budge. He lowered his voice, his tone cold and threatening. “You don’t want to do this, Mr. Lee. You’re making a mistake. You think you can come here and take her from me? I’ll make sure she’s never yours again. She’s mine. And there’s nothing you or your wife can do about it.”

“Jungkook, you son of a—” Mr. Lee lunged forward, but before he could push through the door, Jungkook slammed it shut with a loud bang, locking it in place. The sound echoed through the house, reverberating like a gunshot.

Lisa flinched at the top of the stairs, her sobs growing quieter as fear gripped her. She could barely hear her father’s voice now, muffled through the thick wood of the door. But she knew Jungkook wouldn’t let him in. He wouldn’t let anyone in.

Downstairs, Mr. Lee continued pounding on the door, shouting threats, his voice filled with desperation and rage. But Jungkook simply stood there, watching the door with a cold indifference. “You think you can protect her from me?” he muttered under his breath, a twisted smirk creeping onto his lips. “You have no idea what she’s mine for.”

He turned away from the door and walked back up the stairs, his demeanor eerily calm, as if nothing had happened. Lisa’s cries became softer, almost inaudible now, as he approached her. She was curled up in the corner of the room, her small frame trembling with fear and exhaustion. Her eyes were swollen from crying, her cheeks wet with tears.

Jungkook crouched down in front of her, his expression unreadable as he tilted her chin up to look at him. “Why are you crying, Lili?” he asked softly, his voice deceptively gentle. “You’re safe with me. Your father can’t take you away.”

Lisa’s lips trembled as she tried to speak, her words barely audible. “Kookie… I want to go home…”

Jungkook’s eyes narrowed, his grip on her chin tightening just enough to make her wince. “This is your home,” he hissed. “I told you that already. You don’t need them anymore. You only need me. Understand?”

Lisa’s sobs returned, but they were quieter now, more resigned. She was too afraid to fight him, too confused to comprehend what was happening. Her mind, so childlike and innocent, couldn’t grasp the darkness that had consumed the man she thought she knew.

Jungkook’s gaze softened, but there was a strange, unsettling warmth in his eyes now. He wiped her tears away with his thumb, leaning in closer until his breath was hot against her ear. “You’re mine, Lili. Mine forever. I’m the only one who’ll ever take care of you. No one else matters. Not your father, not your mother. Only me.”

Lisa’s heart raced as his words sank in, the weight of his obsession pressing down on her like a suffocating blanket. She didn’t know what to do, what to say. She felt trapped, like a bird in a cage, with no way out.

Jungkook stood up, his towering figure casting a shadow over her small form. “You’re not leaving this room until you understand that,” he said coldly, turning to lock the door behind him as he walked out, leaving her alone in the dimly lit room.

Lisa’s breaths came in shallow gasps as she curled up tighter, her mind racing with fear and confusion. She could still hear her father’s voice faintly from downstairs, but it was growing weaker, more distant.

She wanted to scream, to call out for help, but no sound came. All she could do was cry softly into her hands, her body shaking with fear and exhaustion. Her world had shrunk to the size of this small, suffocating room, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t escape Jungkook’s grasp.

And deep down, she knew—he wasn’t going to let her go. Not now. Not ever.

---

Hours passed, though it felt like days. The pounding on the door below had stopped, and the house had fallen into an eerie silence. Lisa hadn’t moved from her spot in the corner. She was too afraid to.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and Jungkook stepped back inside, a strange calmness about him. He walked over to her, his presence overwhelming, his eyes devoid of any warmth.

He knelt beside her, his voice almost tender. “You’ll be good for me now, won’t you, Lili?” he asked softly, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear. “You’ll listen to me from now on.”

Lisa didn’t respond. She couldn’t. Her voice had abandoned her, leaving her in a hollow, silent state of despair.

Jungkook leaned in closer, his lips brushing against her ear as he whispered, “Because if you don’t… there will be consequences. For you. And for your parents.”

Lisa’s breath hitched in her throat, her heart pounding so loudly it was deafening. She couldn’t fight him. She didn’t know how. All she could do was nod, her body trembling as she gave in to his control, surrendering to the darkness that had claimed her life.

And in that moment, she realized—the world outside was gone. Her father, her mother, her freedom—none of it existed anymore. There was only Jungkook.

And she was his. Forever.

CONTINUE...