~ part 10 ~ all over again

andrew's pov

I walk out of the house before anyone can get to me and I can go to my car.

"Andrew! Andrew!"

I hear Brent behind me.

Turn around.
I can't.
Just turn.
I can not!

I turn to look at him as tears well in my eyes.

"Let's talk" He says , nodding to his car.

I nod and we walk in silence to his car.

He sits in the drivers seat and I sit in the passenger seat. I stare down to my feet, not knowing what to say.

Is he going to beat me up again?

"I'm sorry for last week"

I guess not.

I roll my head over to look at him, slightly blurred by my tears.

"I-i'm sorry about everything" I snivel 

He stays silent as tears slide down, slowly.

"We decided to stay quiet so I did because I had her. She was mine. I had her in my fucking life and I didn't wanna lose her just yet."

"I just don't get why you never told me you liked her"

"You were so protective over her and you hated everyone she had over."

"Because they weren't good enough for h-. You think you're not good enough don't you?"

I nod.

"But why?"

"I thought you wouldn't be okay with us dating. She's your sister, and you and Ben are my best friends."

"You're my best friend. I trust you" He slapped my arm

"Sorry"

"It's fine man, it's okay"

I smile, "Okay"

"You really love her?"

I reply immediately, "I always have, more than anything"

"Simp" He murmured loud

"Shut up" I roll my eyes shaking my head with a smile.

Everything's back to normal, except Lexi.

"Just take it slow for now, okay? She's confused. You could say a heartbroken zombie."

I chuckle a little, "I know, I am too"

I'm going to, no matter what, build my trust back with her. I didn't want to break up with her, I never will. Not at all. But in the heat of the moment that's what i did and I hate myself for it.

"Should we just ditch 'em?" I ask and he replies with an enthusiastic yes.

We drove to his house and we caught up on everything. God I fucking missed him.

We were deciding on what to make in the kitchen, as we're cooking the front door opens and Lexi walks in.

My body tenses as I just stare at her. Fuck, she's so beautiful.

She glances at me before quickly bolting up to her room.

I went home shortly after that.

~~

I've finished my 5th beer in the last 2 hours. I sit on the counter and have one of my knees up on the stool.

I don't wanna feel the pain I'm in. I want to be numb. So i'm making myself numb.