Mocha

***Sam***

"MOCHA! COME BACK!" I was running down the streets like a crazy person yelling at my dog who took it upon herself to take a nice stroll throught the town. Luckily there werent really any cars on the road because it was really early but i was still so scared that something would happen to her. Shes never acted like this before... Shes never run away from me.

I could feel the ever so sharp pain stabbing me in my ribs as i kept running, refusing to stop until she was in my arms again.
I could hear her little yipping as she thought that this was some sort of game.
"MOCHA PLEASE STOP!" I shouted after her but she continued to run until i suddenly came to a stop in the bad part of the city. Thats wierd...

I couldnt hear her little bark anymore or even the sound of her tag hitting her collar as she ran.

I looked around and couldnt see anyone because it was really late and not to mention dangerous to be here especially at a time like this. but i couldnt see mocha anywhere.

My eyes were threatening me with tears as i felt a warm drop trickle down my cheek. Where could she be?
I was grabbing at my sides as the pain got more and more intense and i tried catching my breath but i was so worried. Maybe someone has her and they'll call me because my number is on her tag!

Just then i heard someone from in a nearby alley, "is this your dog?"
I jumped, looking at the stanger and then down at the dog sitting next to him, panting and i almost shouted with joy.

"Mocha! Oh my gosh thankyou so much for grabbing her!" I rushed into the alley and got on my knees, pulling mocha in for a hug.

"Actually she just kinda came and sat next to me." The stranger chuckled.
I furrowed my eyebrows. Thats weird
I stood up and got a good look at the guy and boy might i say he was really attractive. What is he doing in a creepy alley? Oh my gosh... Is this the part where i get abducted and killed and then mocha is left with this crazy pshco oh my gosh! What would he do to her!

"Really? Thats strange, shes never run from me before let alone sit by a complete stranger." I said, adding "especially in a creepy alley that you just so happened to be hanging out in."

He smirked and lifted up his hand to reveal a cigarette. "I was gonna smoke but the she came and sat next to me."

"Ya know smoking is bad for you." I said, kneeling back down to pet mocha.
He rolled his eyes " yeah yeah." He then pulled out a lighter and lit his cigarette.

I once again stood up "Well, thankyou for, um, being here cause id probably still be chasing after her."
"Anytime. Whats a pretty lady doing at nearly midnight chasing her dog to this part of town?" He said, letting out the smoke and i stepped back trying to avoid breathing the toxic fumes.

"I was taking the trash out and she just ran outside for some reason. I actually dont quite know where i am..." I was unsure if i shouldve told this creepy guy that i had no idea where i was but hey, i cant do anything about it now.

"Do you live around here?" He asked.
I shook my head.
"Well its not safe to walk alone. Ill walk you home." On that note he threw his cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.

"Thats not necessary but thanks for the offer." I said.

"I wasnt offering, im actually taking you home. Come on."

"Pick that up!" I said, lightly hitting his shoulder. He looked at me confused and i pointed at his cigarette bud on the ground.

"No." He simply said.

"Pick it up or-" he cut me off "or what princess? Ya gonna call the police?"
I rolled my eyes and walked over, picking up the gross cigarette and throwing it away.
While he watched me curiously, as i walked by i shoves past him annoyed. "I dont need you so you can leave. I can look after myself."