5

It was a beautiful day in the Gold Coast, the sun was shining, it was nice and warm, and everything was peaceful...until we get to the Sertori House hold.

"Who's up for some deep sea diving?" Samantha asked the girls. Since the guys can't dive that deep safely. Mermaids only for this trip.

Rikki smiled at the idea. "Sounds interesting, I'm so in. How about you Em? Cleo?"

"I can't. I'm taking Elliot to the stables with Ash." Emma gave her answer. "Maybe next time." She smiled apologetically. Sorry. But I promised to meet up with Lewis. Remember to tell us everything you see down there." Cleo was also smiling. She wanted to go too, but she wasn't going to ditch Lewis for something like this.

After they had found out that they can breathe underwater, all of them had been exploring deeper waters. This time Samantha and Rikki are going to the bottom. Samantha and Rikki gave each other a high five as they left the cafe.

-Somewhere deep-

Wow. Sam your hair is shining in a same way that moonlight reflects from the water. Rikki said to her friend as they swam side by side.

That's weird, but I'm not complaining. It's not easy to see down here. Samantha replied while keeping an eye on their surrounding. Do you see that? She pointed her finger towards something big at the distance.

Rikki also looked, but couldn't make out anything. It's something big. Wanna take a closer look?

Samantha hesitated little, but nodded slowly. Stay close, since I'm our only source of light right now.

Slowly the two mermaids swam closer the big something only to discover that is was a sunken ship, two sunken ships actually. The other one was made out of wood and looked really really old while the other one was more modern. The newer wreck looked like a research boat marine biologists use. And judging by the look of the research boat it hadn't been there more than 6 or 7 years.

Which one do want to check out first? Rikki asked and for the first time she seemed to hesitate. Something about these two wrecks made her skin crawl.

The newer one. Maybe we can find out something useful from there. Samantha made her way to the modern boat with Rikki close behind her. Her insides were churning the closer they got the ship. Using her tail, Samantha broke the door down before entering the wrecked ship. There was no visible reason as to why the ship had sunken in the first place. It puzzled the both mermaids to no end.

I don't know about you Sam, but this place gives me the creeps. Rikki whispered, even if they were using their mind link.

It's not just you Rikki. This place screams insanity. If I didn't know any better I'd say that this ship belonged to Denman or someone related to her. Samantha stared at the photo on the wall that appeared to belong to the captain. In it was clearly younger Dr Denman standing beside a man in his fourthies. Both of them were smiling in front of a marine park.

Hey isn't that Dr Nutjob when she was 18, but who is the dude beside her? Rikki fake gagged to show her disgust. Her father perhaps? They do look alike. Sam shook her head, causing the light that came from her hair move around rapidly. Let's see if we can find anything from here.

They searched the captain's cabin in silence when Rikki called out for Samantha.

Sam, there is something hidden in this, but I can't open it. Rikki showed Sam some kind of bag. That's a waterproof bag! Expensive too... Let's take it with us. Maybe we can find out something useful in it. It has to have been important if it was sealed so tightly.] Sam carefully took the bag from Rikki and examined it closer.