25

Samantha was glowing, she no longer had to go to high school! She was in place to take college courses online. But now she had to focus on telling the group about the news Luna had dropped on her yesterday morning.

Samantha looked around for the mermaids. She spotted Cleo, Emma, Rikki, Bella, and Charlotte, but Cindie was nowhere in sight. 'This works out well.' Samantha thought. Then she counted the boys. Lewis, Ash, Zane, Will and now also Nate.

Good you're all here, Samantha started to explain everything that Luna had said. After she was done she looked around. "So any questions? Are you saying that we all have full blooded mermaid ancestors? " Cleo asked.

"Including the guys?" Rikki asked.

"Yup! Well the guys were born to mermaids, but had to seal your mermen half seeing as the mermaids born in the sea and not on land dislike the mermen, because of a war between the two." Samantha answered she was still horrified that someone could do this to them. It was wrong. "Anyway we can come back to that later on, now continue with the questions."

"But what about Cindie?" Charlotte asked.

"Uh well, she has no mermaid blood in her line and what Luna told me I can only hope she turns out different..." Samantha answered flinching at the memory. Seeing the looks directed at her Sam reluctantly told them the information that Luna gave to her.

"That sounds like Cindie." Cleo stated. Her eyes were wide, Cindie had gotten worse rather than better, since she became a mermaid. And it had only been a couple of days. The mermaids back then used the power of the 50th full moon to draw away the 1/2 mermaid's power. Seeing as she held no mermaid blood it worked and she was turned back into a human for good." Samantha started, but was stopped by a question.

"Can the 50th full moon work on us?" The girls looked panicky.

"Nope, it just strengthens us, so we are safe." Samantha answered. "Though I wonder why it affected Julie, Gracie and Louise. Maybe it was, because they wanted to give up their tails...I seriously don't know...or the mermaid blood wasn't strong enough in them."