Okay CHP. 18

The night in the lab

Don POV

I had been laid on the table, I could feel the coolness of it. I was still conscious, barely. I was trying to keep my eyes open. I might not be an expert in injuries, but I knew not to fall asleep. I knew that if I closed my eyes for too long then I just might fall asleep. So kept trying to force them to stay open. But I felt them fluttering, struggling to keep them open. I tried to talk to keep me awake, but all that came out were mumbles. Most of it was just pure nonsense.

"We're back in the lab Don." I heard Leon's voice. "We got you." I felt something close to my face. I swatted it away, not knowing what it was. With the sudden movement I winced in pain. Feeling the slight pressure in my arm. Until I heard Leon again, "It's an anesthesia mask. Don't worry, and stop moving so much or it's gonna be more painful."

"Okay." I said, my mouth feeling dry. So dry I coughed a bit, my shoulders bouncing in response. I feel the pain sting through my shoulder again.

"No talking or moving, okay." Leon restated. I moved my head a bit to signal that I understood. "Okay. We're gonna put this mask on, you can sleep now." That was the last thing I heard. They put the mask on, I breathed in a few times before completely knocking out.

Time Skip

3rd POV

After taking care of Don and stitching him up and pulling out small bits of metal from his shoulder, and a whole night of working on Don. Both Donnie and Leon had fallen asleep after Don was in a stable condition. They were basically knocked out, Leon on the bean bag and Donnie on his chair at his desk. It was getting to be morning. Both Leon and Don had been exhausted from working all night.

After a while Don woke up feeling groggy and gross. He tried sitting up, but as soon as he put pressure on his arm he winced, and fell back down to one hand. So instead he turned himself to look around the room.

His eyes adjusted to the dimmed room, and saw his battle shell on the floor, a hole in the area of the shoulder. Blood all around it. He didn't enjoy seeing his work damaged. Plus blood wasn't his favorite thing to look at. He turned his head a little and saw Leon on the bean bag, hands covered in blood... his blood. He turned his head queasy.

He looked around some more until he saw a rag, he slid off of the table he was on. Walked over to the rag and picked it up, it was damp. He picked it up and walked over to Leon. He sat down next to him carefully so as not to wake him up or hurt himself. He grabbed the wet rag and started to clean off the blood, trying not to think about it. He sat there for a while until Leon started to stir awake. Don took off the rag, and scooted back a bit. Waiting for Leon to wake up fully.

Leon woke up and saw the table empty. He shot up looking around to see where Don was. Until he looked down and saw Don sitting there. "Don!" He sat down next to Don and hugged him. Don winced at the sudden pain. "Sorry!" Leon quickly pulled away.

"No, you're good. I'd be surprised if you didn't hug me after... all of that." Don said.

"How are you doing?" Leon asked, looking at Don's shoulder.

"It just hurts when I put pressure on it. I'm still a bit light headed but I'm sure it will go away when I eat and drink a bit of water." Don shrugged, with only one shoulder.

"Oh that's good." Leon relaxed for a second before realizing something. "Wait, why are you up? You should be resting!"

"I felt bad for getting blood over you so I tried being nice. Last time I try to do something nice." Don rolled his eyes, jokingly.