Stop CHP.17

Leo

Leo's POV

I woke up from, not the best sleep I've gotten. I kept thinking about yesterday's mission. How we were faced with the shredder. How I had been in-charge and someone got hurt. I didn't stop and retreat, I think that's what really messed me up. I grabbed my head, getting up from my bed. I needed a glass of water. I walked out of my room and passed by the living room. Usually I would walk up and see the other versions of ourselves sprawled out on the couches. Or I could hear them in the kitchen. But today I saw Raph, Angelo, and Mikey all leaned against each other facing the lab door.

I looked at them and felt a rush of guilt flow over me. My thoughts took over for a second. I stood there frozen, I heard a voice 'What if that was your brother?' My head started to hurt. 'Imagine one of your brothers bleeding, on a table.'

Images flashed through my head. 'Another one of them was patching him up, blood staining their hands, and thoughts.'

I stood there feeling weak, not being able to move. 'He was technically under your care.'

My eyes flashed towards Raph sitting in front of me. 'He should be raging at you, calling you names, blaming you for his brother getting stabbed.'

I blinked a tear falling down my cheek. 'But he's not, you could never be half the leader he is'

Why were these thoughts coming, what was this. 'He brought your brothers back to you safe and sound, oh but what did you do? Get his brother stabbed.'

I blink a few more times, seeing that Mikey had woken up and stood next to me.

He put his hand on my shoulder. "Leo, are you okay?" Mikey stood there looking at my face. I felt pulled out of my trance, and touched my face, tears streaming down my face. I wiped them off quickly, taking a deep breath, "Um, yeah. I'm good."

"It's not your fault."

I turned to look at Mikey, "what?".

"It's not your fault." He said again, but this time it felt more like an echo. But instead of getting quieter it got louder. It felt like the walls were shaking. Like everything was shaking, but Mikey just stood there not moving at all.

He just kept on repeating, "It's not your fault." I covered my ears, and scrunched down into a ball. I squeezed my eyes shut. When I opened my eyes again, it was all black. I looked around. There was nothing until I got up.

I saw Mikey running at me this time. He stopped right in front of me, I blinked and it looked like his face had been scribbled out. All he said was, "It is your fault." Before pushing me down. I fell back and felt like I was sinking. I looked down and felt the emptiness start to consume me. I tried pulling my hands out, but they were stuck. It just kept taking me. It had gotten up to my neck, I took a deep breath and I was consumed.

I shot up and looked around. Seeing that I was in my room now. I woke up in a cold sweat. I was breathing quicker than expected. "I-it was just a dream" I mumble.

I got up from my bed, and stood in my room. I needed water, so I walked out grabbing onto the wall. My legs felt wobbly, weak. I made it into the living room. Just like in my dream I saw Raph, Angelo, and Mikey leaning next to each other falling into the lab. I shut my eyes remembering my dream, but unlike my dream I could still move.

I slowly made my way into the kitchen, my mouth felt drier than before. I grabbed a cup and filled it up with water. I chugged it down, the refreshing feel cooling my throat. After drinking my water I felt better, my thoughts, and the dream still lingering in the back of my mind. I leaned on the counter looking at the now empty glass.