Cold Hands Feel Warm When You're Freezing

The day of Alice's disappearance.

ALICE POV

it was so quiet without the presence of them, scary aswell but it's not like I wasn't used to it. Being left out for so long, forced to see them grow stronger, I couldn't help but feel a sense of loneliness being left behind. The fact that they aren't here physically makes it hurt even more.

I felt like I was nothing, nothing more than a burden, that's why I had to leave. The stress was overwhelming.

The sun was setting over the horizon, a cast of orange and yellow painting the sky, the golden orb we called the sun set behind the mountains slowly. I had no idea where I was going, no map no guidance.

I wasn't planning on staying gone for long, just a nice soothing walk for something to clear my head and wash a wave of tranquility over me. I was too stressed being pent up in that hotel all day anyway.

I made it over to an open area deep within the forest, I don't even know how long I was walking for anyway. The sun casted through the trees, sparkling down onto a creek in the distance.

The area was a small wide opened space, trees covering around the secluded area. It was just flat
with thick patches of dirt as land covered by soft flowing grass that brushed in the breeze. In the between it was a simple flowing creek.

The plants were glowing faintly since the sun hadn't quite set just yet. This place was peaceful, no distractions whatsoever.

I sat down, pulling my bag from around my back and pulling out my notebook. I grabbed a pencil and starting writing, I loved it journal, it was relaxing.

The wind brushed my blue locks gently, pushing them back and away from my face. The water was pouring ever so gently, the sound making me want to fall asleep.

I kept writing, writing about how horrible it's been ever since we got here, writing about how my friends didn't even feel like my friends anymore but like competition.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks as I did and onto the paper below.

My vision grew blurry and my hands started shaking, at this point I just gave up and set the notebook aside.

I always gave up.

I started wiping my tears away, sobbing softly. The streams were endless, rolling down my cheeks and chin.

Why was I crying so much?

Suddenly, the air temperature dropped dramatically, like some sort of ice cold blizzard. Goosebumps crawled up my skin, making me shiver.

Before I could even turn around, a soft yet chilling voice spoke from behind me.

"You poor thing.." The voice muttered, its breath cold as ice running down my neck.

I quickly snapped my body and turned around, my eyes going wide as I stared what was in front of me.

It was women, around 5'7. She was so white she was practically melting in the sunlight. Her eyes were a deep grey color, at least one eye since the other was covered by her hair. It was an angelic white mixed with barely visible ice blue ends,  straight as silk and glistened in the daylight. It was hard to make out a good look of her face but she had a deep slash across her right eye which was a faint pinkish color.