Chapter 9: Is There a Pinch Of Hope?

After Mothra shoots her web onto Cthulhu's face, Mothra then immediately flies towards Cthulhu lands on its head and immediately uses her claws to slash Cthulhu's face rapidly.

Cthulhu then grabs Mothra and throws her away from Cthulhu. While being thrown in midair, Mothra then spreads her wings to balance herself and fly towards Cthulhu again.

Cthulhu then tries to grab Mothra only for her to dodge its attack. Mothra flies away from Cthulhu only for her to turn back and fly towards Cthulhu with an incredible speed.

Cthulhu is waiting, ready to clash with Mothra. When Mothra is about to reach Cthulhu, she spreads her wings and uses her wings to push herself back creating a strong gust causing Cthulhu to fall backwards landing onto the ocean. And causing the ocean to have big waves causing the ship to be nearly capsized while everyone on the ship holds on tightly on anything while Rae is hugging the unconscious Elizabeth while leaning on the wall of the ship.

Mothra not wasting time immediately flies with an incredible speed towards Cthulhu again, but this time Mothra is not stopping her speed using her stinger to stab on Cthulhu but Cthulhu dodges it causing Mothra to submerge into the ocean.

Cthulhu then stands up and immediately grabs Mothra with one hand from under the water and brings her up in the air and slams Mothra into the ocean but not letting her go

Everyone is watching the fight with fear on all their faces as they are seeing that Cthulhu is actually drowning Mothra holding her under the water. The captain of the ship then orders his men to load the cannons and aim towards Cthulhu. The ship captain orders his men to fire the cannon.

As Cthulhu is winning the fight, most of the cannon balls successfully hits Cthulhu causing Cthulhu to roar in pain. Cthulhu then turns its head and stares at the ship with anger while everyone on the ship fears Cthulhu's stare.

Cthulhu then lets Mothra go and immediately charges towards the ship. The ship captain then immediately run towards of the cannons and ready to fire the cannon. Once Cthulhu is about to reach to the ship, the ship captain then fires the cannon successfully hits Cthulhu right at its face.

Cthulhu then cover its face and roars in pain. Without any signs, Mothra suddenly lands on Cthulhu's back and slashes Cthulhu using her claws continuously. Cthulhu moves around aggressively to make Mothra let go of its back but Mothra keeps holding on Cthulhu's back and continues to slash Cthulhu's back rapidly.

Mothra then let go of Cthulhu's back and fly above Cthulhu and shoots web on Cthulhu's face. Cthulhu roars in anger and tries to remove the web from its face.

Mothra then flies further away from Cthulhu only to create a momentum as Mothra then turns and fly back towards Cthulhu with and incredible speed without slowing down. Mothra instead keeps on gaining speed towards Cthulhu. The moment Mothra reaches Cthulhu, Mothra spears Cthulhu at incredible speed causing an enormous shockwave causing big waves from the ocean like a tsunami.

Cthulhu then falls down and submerge under the ocean. Mothra then realises that the big waves are about to reach the ship. Everyone on the ship starts to panic as the big waves coming closer towards the ship. As the big waves is about to hit the ship, Mothra grabs the ship and flies away from the big waves and flies up high enough to escape from the big waves.

But Mothra doesn't let the ship go. Mothra keeps on flying forward and after far enough, Mothra then flies down to the ocean and carefully place the ship on the ocean.

 Mothra keeps on flying forward and after far enough, Mothra then flies down to the ocean and carefully place the ship on the ocean