Regulus- Yule Ball

Tonight was one of the best nights I want to have. It's the Yule Ball and I've always dreamt of going with the love of my life.

I guess it is going to happen.  Regulus and I have officially been dating for seven months tonight. 

I wanted to look my best for him, I put on my dress, heels, makeup, did my hair and went to go meet him. I walked down the stairs where I would meet him. I saw his back facing me.

"Where is she?" I hear him mutter.

"I'm right here Reggie." I say as I see him turn around. His eyes widening in surprise.

"Oh y/n. Wow...I mean- you look...Bloody Hell am I lucky." He says as he looks me up and down.

I blush at his words, as he holds out his arm. "Shall we?"

"Yes, we shall." I link my arm with his and we start walking into the ball room.

The room was lively and filled with dancing, chatter, and laughter. The way the room was designed looked like you walked right out of a fairytale. They truly did put in a lot of effort.

-----------------

The night was going well. I talked with my friends and their dates, danced with Regulus. But as the dance was starting to end that last dance of night was about to happen.

As I talk to my friend Olivia, I feel arms snake around my waist from behind me with the breath of his words hitting the back of my neck. 

"Can I get one more dance with my girlfriend?" He says as he presses a kiss to the back of my neck.

"Yes, you can." I say with a soft laugh as I turn around and take his hand, while he leads me to the dance floor. 

He places a hand on my left shoulder blade as I bring my hand atop of his left shoulder. Our other hands interlock with each other's as the music starts. The waltz begins as we move to the music.

We've done this millions of times tonight. I glance around the room and see Draco dancing with Pansy, one of my other friends. They look happy which is good for each other. 

I avert my gaze back to Regulus in front of me to see his gaze soft and warm, filled up with affection. "What?" I say as I stare into his eyes.

He lets out a soft chuckle. "Nothing, just taking in the moment with you." 

I feel my face heat up at his words.

The dance comes to an end and soon we leave. He walks me back to my dorm and stops me before I walk inside. "Wait."

"What is it?" I ask curiously.

He grabs my hands in his and stares into my eyes for like the millionth time tonight. "Thank you y/n ...for giving me the best seven-month anniversary ever. I couldn't think of a better person to be in a relationship with."

His words make my heart melt, and I bring my lips to meet his in a soft, delicate kiss. After a few seconds I pull back and walk into my dorm closing the door behind me in suit. 

I really did hit the jackpot with him.