Chapter Two: Arrival

Monday morning arrived faster than any of the boys had expected. Dylan stood in front of his mirror, eyeing his overstuffed duffel bag on the floor. He was used to packing for sports trips or the occasional family vacation, but packing to live at an all-girls' boarding school for an entire semester? That was a new one. He adjusted his hoodie for the fifth time, stalling. He wasn't nervous—not really—but something about the whole situation felt off.

From downstairs, he could hear his mom calling out, "Don't forget anything! You've got everything packed, right?"

"Yeah, Mom," Dylan replied, glancing at his bag again. Clothes, phone charger, toiletries... check. Enough to get him through the next few months of what his mom kept calling an "educational experience."

His phone buzzed on the dresser with a message from Aaron.

Aaron: You packed yet? Kyle's already planning how to sneak out after curfew.

Dylan snorted and fired back a quick reply.

Dylan: Yeah, well, it's a girls' school. He's gonna get caught before he even leaves the building.

Grabbing his bag, Dylan headed downstairs, where his mom was waiting by the door, all smiles. "Excited for your first day at the new school?"

Dylan forced a grin. "Thrilled."

Her smile faltered for a second, but she recovered. "It's not so bad. You'll be living on campus, get to meet new people, and—who knows—maybe you'll learn something useful."

He sighed. "Sure. Like how to sit up straight and drink tea with my pinky out."

His mom gave him a playful smack on the shoulder. "Just keep an open mind. It might surprise you."

"Yeah, yeah," he muttered, grabbing his keys. "See you in a few months."

By the time he pulled into the parking lot of Crestwood Academy, Aaron, Marcus, and Kyle were already there, their cars loaded up with duffel bags and suitcases. The school loomed ahead of them like a gothic mansion, all ivy-covered stone and towering arched windows. It looked more like a place that held secrets than one that taught manners.

Kyle, naturally, was the first to speak up. "Dude, this place looks like Hogwarts. You think they've got a Quidditch team?"

Aaron grinned. "Or at least a broom closet. Could come in handy for late-night escapes."

Marcus groaned, rubbing the back of his neck. "You guys are way too calm about this. We're stuck here for months. Living with them."

"Yeah," Kyle said with a shrug, "we're living in a dorm full of girls. Where's the downside?"

Dylan wasn't as sure. As he hauled his bag out of the car, he glanced up at the school again, that sinking feeling returning. They were moving into an all-girls' boarding school for the rest of the semester. Something about that didn't feel like the dream scenario Kyle was imagining.

Together, they trudged up the steps to the school's front entrance, their bags in tow. The heavy double doors creaked as they pushed them open, revealing a grand marble-floored lobby that looked more like the entrance to a museum than a school. As they took in their surroundings, a sharp voice cut through the air.

"You must be the young men from East Ridge."

They turned to see a woman in her late forties, dressed in a tailored suit that screamed authority. Her dark hair was pinned back into a severe bun, and she eyed the boys as though she could already tell they were trouble.

"I'm Headmistress Beaumont," she said, her tone crisp. "Welcome to Crestwood Academy. I trust you're prepared for your stay."

The boys exchanged uneasy glances. Marcus finally spoke up, gesturing to the bags at their feet. "Yeah, we're ready."

"Good," she replied. "I hope you understand that this is not just a punishment, but an opportunity. Crestwood is a place where young women—" she glanced at them pointedly, "—and now young men, learn to conduct themselves with grace and respect. I expect nothing less from you."

Kyle muttered something under his breath, but Dylan elbowed him before he could make it worse. This wasn't the time to start pushing buttons.

Beaumont continued. "You will be living on campus for the duration of the semester, just like the rest of our students. Your dorm rooms have already been assigned, and your mentors—students who will guide you through this transition—will meet you shortly."

Aaron smirked. "Mentors, huh? So, we get our own personal tour guides?"

Headmistress Beaumont's eyes narrowed. "You'll find that Crestwood's standards are considerably higher than you're accustomed to, Mr. Cross. Your mentors will ensure that you understand and adhere to our expectations."

The boys shifted uncomfortably as a group of girls entered the lobby, all dressed in neat uniforms: white blouses, pleated skirts, and black blazers that looked too formal for high school. They moved with a sense of purpose, their heads held high, like they'd been trained to command attention just by walking into a room.

"These are the students who will be your mentors," Headmistress Beaumont said. "They are some of our finest young ladies, and they will be responsible for helping you adapt to life at Crestwood."

Dylan exchanged a glance with Aaron, who mouthed, "This might not be so bad after all."

One of the girls, a tall blonde with sharp eyes, stepped forward and looked directly at Marcus. "I'm Emily," she said flatly. "Looks like you're stuck with me."

Marcus opened his mouth, probably to make a joke, but the look on her face shut him down before he could say anything.

Next, a dark-haired girl with a no-nonsense expression approached Aaron. "I'm Olivia. And just so we're clear, I'm not here to make your life easier."

Aaron's smirk faltered. "Uh... right. Got it."

Kyle's mentor was a petite redhead with a fierce look in her eyes. "I'm Hannah," she said briskly. "Just follow the rules, and we won't have a problem."

Kyle grinned. "Sounds good to me."

Finally, Dylan's mentor stepped forward. She had chestnut hair pulled back into a neat ponytail and a quiet, composed demeanor. "I'm Sophie," she said simply. "I hope you're ready for what's coming."

Dylan nodded, unsure of what exactly he was supposed to be ready for, but something told him Sophie wasn't the type to let him coast through this experience.

Headmistress Beaumont gave them one final look before speaking again. "Your rooms are on the second floor. Your mentors will show you the way. Remember—you are here to learn, not to cause trouble. I expect to see significant improvements in your behavior by the end of the semester."

As the girls led the boys down a long corridor toward the dorms, Dylan felt a knot of uncertainty in his stomach. They might've packed their bags thinking this would be a semester of easy fun, but something told him Crestwood Academy had far more in store for them than they'd ever imagined.