The lose

As the evening sun cast a warm glow through Ivy's window, Voltaire burst into her room, his face flushed with excitement." Ivy is this true you are with child."

"Hey, old man, please shout less. I'm not deaf," Ivy said with a chuckle, lounging on her bed.

Voltaire scowled, his bushy eyebrows furrowed. "You Don't even have manners to talk to your elder."

"We will talk about this later," Voltaire said, his voice firm. "Tell me, is this truth that you are with child?"

Ivy handed him a medical report with a smirk. "See for yourself."

Voltaire's eyes scanned the document, his expression transforming from anticipation to astonishment. He saw her name on it and blew out a positive sigh.

"Who is the father, Ivy?" Voltaire asked, his curiosity piqued.

"I will not reveal until birth," Ivy replied, her grin mischievous.

Voltaire's face fell, his eyes pleading. "I am your grandfather, Ivy. You can tell me."

Ivy shrugged, her shoulders barely rising off the bed. "What do you think Kai is to me? I haven't told him; why should I tell you?"

Voltaire's expression turned sly. "By the way, can I get that necklace from you?" Ivy asked.

"I said you'd get it when you got pregnant," Voltaire replied.

"Yes, you told me to give it to you, but never did," Ivy said.

"Don't tell me you got pregnant for that." Voltaire chuckled. "I don't have any problem until you know who the father is, but don't come crying to me in the future."

Ivy rolled her eyes. "You don't need to worry about that, old man. Just hand over that necklace."

Voltaire ruffled her hair, his eyes twinkling. "You are something else, girl."

"Have you forgiven me for everything in the past?" He asked.

Ivy's expression softened. "It's not your fault Boris was a betrayer. As per Kai, he's just a hot-tempered person, but soon he will forget the past too."

Voltaire's eyes misted, his voice barely above a whisper. "I was not a good father nor a good grandfather, but I think you will be a great mother."

" rest now," Voltaire said, rising from his chair. "I am leaving."

Ivy called out as he reached the door, "On your next visit, please bring the necklace with you, old man."

Voltaire smiled. "You will not sit quiet until I get to you," he said and left

At midnight

Ivy's scream pierced the darkness she wake up heavy breathing. Kai sprang awake and rushed to her side.

"Shh, calm down," Kai whispered, wrapping his arms around her trembling body.

As Ivy's breathing slowed, Kai handed her a glass of water from the nightstand.

"No matter how strong I become, this dream still haunts me," Ivy whispered.

"Don't stress, it's not good for the baby," Kai said softly, his hand rubbing gentle circles on her back.

"Do you think I'll be a good mother and able to protect it?" Ivy asked.

Kai reassured her, "Boris may be gone, but if he ever returned, I'd protect my niece or nephew with my life. You'll be an amazing mom."

"Now, please rest. You need to stay healthy for the baby," Kai urged.

He gently guided Ivy back onto the bed, pulling her close. Ivy's face buried in Kai's chest, his hands continued to soothe her frazzled nerves, rubbing gentle patterns on her back until her eyelids fluttered shut.