HOUSE MORRIGAN

House Morrigan of Valere, known poetically as the House of the Raven, is a former Dragon Lord Family of Valyria. And the former royal house of the Seven Kingdoms. House Morrigan ruled the realm before it was deposed by Aegon the Conqueror when House Targaryen replaced it as the new royal house. 

Before all of this they were always the rulers of Valere. Being known as 'King or Queen of the Night' that was until they were deposed during Roberts Rebellion, where House Baratheon replaced it as the rulers of Valere. 

The surviving Morrigan, Talia, fled to Navar. 

Lyanna Stark and her children are the last known Morrigan's, but Talia was the Morrigan with the surname. 

House Morrigan's sigil is a black raven, and their house words are "Blood calls Blood. Blood feeds Blood. Blood is and shall ever be Blood."

Members of House Morrigan posses the power to manipulate shadows some being able to move through them, kill with them and go into others minds with it. 

COAT OF ARMS: 

A black Raven

WORDS: 

"Blood calls Blood. Blood feeds Blood. Blood is and shall ever be Blood." 

TITLES: 

Dragonlord 
Lord of Dragonstone
King of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men
Protector of the Seven Kingdoms 
Protector of the Realm
Prince of Dragonstone
King of the Night
Lord of the Dark

SEAT: 

Dragonstone
Tar Valon
Red Keep

OTHER ESTATES: 

Palace in Illian 
Altarahall

REIGON: 

Valyrian Peninsula 
Crownlands 
Valere

HEAD: 

Jericho Morrigan 'Exiled by Aegon the Conqueror'- Former
Raziel Morrigan- Current 

RELIGION: 

The Altaran Eighteen

HISTORY: 

House Morrigan was one of the forty Dragonlord families, some living in the Valryian Freehold, an empire that rose in Essos and dominated much of the known world, and the majority living in Valere. 

The old Altaran law states that the first born child would rule Valere whilst the second would rules Westeros. This rule caused chaos during the Dance of the Dragons when Lysander Morrigan gained support for his sisters claim, unbeknownst to her.

Due to their mastery over dragons, and their black magic, they had no real opposition to contend with. Using dragonfire, magic and their own power they built their empire over Valere, Navar and what would become Westeros. Valyria couldn't match it. 

The Altaran reign would continue until the Rise of Navar, where the Galtaris family decided they no longer wanted to be a part of that empire, causing a fight between the two countries, ending with Navar being separated.

The Morrigans had Westeros until Aegon the Conqueror and his sister wives Rhaenys and Visenya, conquered them leaving Jericho Morrigan with a choice to return to Valere or die. 

Jericho chose to return to Valere, and history was re-written, modern Morrigan's believing that Jericho gave Aegon the throne saying that if he wanted the throne he could have taken it. 

Valere was ruled with peace and prosperity during the rule of benevolent kings like King Alastair or King Raziel, but also periods of terror when tyrants ruled like King Monterys. The civil population suffered especially during conflicts such as the Dance of the Dragons and Roberts Rebellion. 

 The Morrigans have black hair with streaks of the classic Valyrian features of silver-white hair and purple eyes. They are more tolerant of heat and high temperatures, though that does not mean they are immune to it. 

Unfortunately, some believe that their powers have caused the trait of insanity to run its way through House Morrigan. A trait that can be seen in the vast majority of the Morrigan family. 

POWERS: 

The Morrigans are often called witches or pagans by others because of their religion and their powers which could be considered unnatural to others. 

Morrigans are able to summon and control darkness and shadows. They have the ability to gather and manipulate shadows. 

Some Morrigans can create a raven out of shadow which can chase people down and kill them, taking their souls in the process, like Ravenna Morrigan. 

Whilst others can use their power to go into others minds and see into the memories, as Jericho Morrigan did to the assassins who killed Haelys Targaryen. 

Certain Morrigans are known Visionaries, (Haelys Morrigan), whilst others are Skades (Lyanna Stark) and others are Naturas (Amaya Stark)

To access their powers however, Morrigan's wear a ring with a sharp point to easily prick their fingers or cut themselves as their blood is what fuels their powers.