CHAPTER NINE: Attraction

-Shelley-

So far, dinner has been great. Ben has been patient with me, answering all my questions, even the annoying ones, with calmness and respect. He has been the perfect gentleman, and I have been my annoying self as always. Now that I look at him closely, I realize that he looks extremely handsome tonight.

He dons a stylish blue jacket paired with impeccably tailored pants and a crisp white shirt, exuding an air of sophistication and sharpness. While he may not be extremely muscular, his charismatic presence sets him apart in any crowd.

Regrettably, just as I was gazing at him with admiration, my phone rudely interrupted my thoughts with its insistent ringing. Glancing at the display, a surge of anger overcame me as I saw the caller ID. "What could she possibly want now?" I muttered. I quickly redirected my attention to the man in front of me.

"Someone you are avoiding?" He inquires, raising an eyebrow.

"Something like that."

"He or she must have pissed you off for wanting to avoid their call. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Nope! just want to focus on the topic at hand."

"Which is?"

"You, Mr. Adam." His booming laughter reverberated through the lounge, a sound I had never experienced from him before. It was a rare moment of unguarded joy that seemed to amplify his already striking physical charm.

"You know, you should laugh more. It suits your face." I suggested.

"I see," he says. "It's interesting to hear that from you. Some people get offended when I laugh; my laughter seems to have a chilling effect on them."

Chuckling, I remarked, "Don't even worry about it. It's their loss."

"Is it really?" In response, he smiles and tilts his head to one side as he looks at me, adoring me completely.

"What?! Is there something on my face, Mr. Adam? You seem to be staring at me."

"I'm sorry if my intense gaze made you uncomfortable," he said. "You look absolutely stunning tonight." His voice had a captivating, sultry tone which made me uncomfortable.

Without meeting his eyes, I fumbled for my drink and shuffled uncomfortably in my chair. I ask, eager to shift the subject. "How did your meeting go?"

"Good," he replies. You could see it is not a topic he wishes to engage in. "They want me to draft a contract for them."

"That's great! How is it coming along?"

"I haven't even started yet. There are some things I really need to concentrate on," he says to me with a wink and a smirk. Just then, his phone starts ringing, saving me from further conversation.

"I am so sorry, but I need to take this. It is important. 'Matthew, where have you been?' Since I got here, I have been trying to get hold of you."

As I observed his focus on the phone call, I politely excused myself and leisurely strolled towards the riverbank. The gentle breeze tousled my hair and rustled my clothes as I gazed out at the serene expanse of the lake.

***

-Adam POV-

I kept staring at Shelley, who was standing by the riverbank, as I casually spoke on the phone. Oh my! Tonight, she chose to wear that dress, for whatever reason. Honestly, I adore the way the dress hugs her curves so well. The lace-back, with its low cut, is my favorite feature. It makes her back stand out beautifully. Envisioning myself standing behind her, I can feel the lace falling off her shoulders as I place kisses on her shoulder. While delicately working my way up her neck, sampling and tasting her, caressing her earlobe with nibbles and sucking. Crying out. I could envision myself letting her dress fall to the floor, revealing her figure to the setting sun.