Off to NYC

No one's POV

The following weeks after Emma and Jenna returned from LA they spent a good chunk of time with Jenna's family. They did all different types of activities together which included go to the zoo, on hikes and family game nights where of course, Aliyah and Jenna would go head to head as sisters do.

Jenna would also end up getting roles for two more movies which she would have to start filming once they were done in New York. Emma of course was super excited for her beloved girlfriend. Once Jenna revealed that the one of the shoots would take place in Atlanta, Georgia, Emma was pleased to hear it because then she would be able to see her family and stay close with Jenna. Her first movie would be shooting in New England and Emma may end up joining her for that as well.

Emma on the other hand also got offered a role, but unfortunately hers would take her across the ocean but filming for that won't happen until after the release of Wednesday, like later in the next year. She also got told she'll be filming a movie in the beginning of next year back in LA. Jenna was over the moon happy for her.

It is now 9:30pm and the two girls just got done with a family game night. They got back into Jenna's room to pack for New York, and yes of course they leave at 5am tomorrow morning. Procrastination at its finest.

Emma's POV

"Why did we put this off for so long knowing our flight is at the ass crack of dawn." I say to Jenna as I'm putting my clothes into my suitcase.

"I think we were just focused on spending time with the family. I haven't seen them in a while and it's always difficult being away from them for long periods of time." Jenna says as she's also packing.

"Also do you remember how long we'll be in New York for?" I ask

"I believe only a couple days but after we're done, I have to go to Massachusetts to start filming." Jenna responds.

"Would you mind if I join you for that? I haven't been to Massachusetts yet." I ask

"I would love that. And I think it could be fun." Jenna says.

"Wait, we have ComicCon while you'd be filming, are they going to let you leave for a few days?" I ask

"Yes, they're aware of it. They'll just make sure they won't need me for those days so I'll be working extra hard that week." Jenna says

"I really do hate packing, I don't remember that being in the job description." I say laughing

"Traveling is the job most of the time." Jenna says laughing.

"Okay, true but still doesn't change my standpoint." I say still laughing.

Jenna and I finish packing after 30 minutes. I couldn't decide on what to bring. I'm honestly so nervous about being on Tonight Show AND hosting SNL. That's some serious pressure right there. At least Jenna will be there to help calm my nerves.

"Come cuddle." Jenna says patting the bed in front of her.

I set my suitcase by the door and jump into bed with her. I lay down and she cuddles up with me.

"Goodnight baby." I say as I give her a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight love." She responds returning the kiss on my cheek.

Jenna and I quickly drift off to sleep.

—————————

Jenna's POV

"JENNA EMMA" Aliyah yells.

"OH MY GOD!" I scream out

"HOLY SHIT!" Emma screams.

Aliyah is hysterically laughing at the entrance of my room.

"I'm going to kill you." I say to my sister.

"It's literally 3am, you guys need to get to the airport soon to get through that TSA line." Aliyah says still laughing.

"So you thought giving us a heart attack was the SMART way to wake us up?" I question as Emma and I get out of bed.

"Oh absolutely." Aliyah chuckles.

"Just remember, I'll always be back home at some point and payback is going to be a bitch." I say with a smirk.

"That's a problem for future me." Aliyah says as she walks off.

"Sisters, am I right?" Emma says chuckling.

"She's a pain." I say

"But you love her anyway." Emma says

"That I do." I respond with a laugh.

Emma and I get dressed and ready for the day. Didn't take us too long since we both showered last night.

We both grab our suitcase and we head upstairs where my mom and Aliyah were waiting.

"You girls ready?" My mom asks.

"I'm ready to not wake up with a heart attack." I respond

"Aliyah scarred us for life." Emma says with a chuckle.

"Nuh uh." Aliyah says

"Girl, yes you did." Emma says

"When I asked you to wake them up, I meant to do it softly and nicely." My mom says to Aliyah.

"Listen, I couldn't help myself." Aliyah says laughing.

"Alright well we have a flight to catch." I say as Emma and I head towards the door.

We load our luggage into the trunk of my mom's car. Emma and I sit in the back while Aliyah sits in the passenger seat with my mom driving. I'm sat behind Aliyah and Emma is behind my mom.

The drive to the airport was quiet. It's super early in the morning and none of us really had the energy to carry conversation.

We arrive at the airport after 15 minutes. Emma and I get our luggage from the trunk. My mom and Aliyah give us goodbye hugs and wished us safe travels.

Next stop, TSA.

Emma and I walk through the airport and got to the TSA checkpoint. Thankfully there wasn't a long line. I don't think I would have the best patience today for a long line after being rudely awoken.

We get through security with no problem and we get to our gate. The best part, it's next to a Starbucks!

"Wanna get some coffee?" I ask

"Yes please." Emma says with a smile

We walk up to the counter to place our orders. I pay for our drinks and they come out fairly quickly.

The wait at the gate was only 45 minutes. It went by pretty quick. The airport is pretty dead at this time and it also helps that it's a Thursday. The boarding process took another 10 minutes but we finally get to our airplane seats. I put our luggage in the overhead department and I take my sit next to Emma.

"And now the fun part, a long ass flight." Emma says

"We can catch up on our sleep since we were rudely awoken." I say

"I'd like that." Emma says.

I lay my head on her shoulder and she leans her head on mine. It doesn't take long for us both to fall asleep since we're both listening to music.

Oh how I love this woman.