California Girls

Emma's POV

Jenna just wrapped on her latest project Miller's Girl and I'm currently packing our suitcases while waiting on her return from the store. We have an early flight to catch tomorrow morning because the premiere of Wednesday is in a few days.

The last few months have been fun, it's been nice spending time with my family and seeing their relationship with Jenna blossom even more. Another great thing we did was celebrate our one year together. That night was absolutely magical. I will forever remember that.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when I feel arms wrap around my stomach.

"Hi darling." Jenna says

"Hey baby." I respond turning around and giving her a hug.

"Thank you for packing." She says to me

"Of course, you've been working really hard the last few days and I didn't want you to worry about the packing." I say embracing her

I wish time could freeze right now, I have Jenna wrapped in my arms and nothing is better than this.

"Can we go to bed?" Jenna asks

"Of course we can." I say

I remove my arms from around her shoulders and I pick her up bridal style and carry her to my bed. I lay her down gently and then I lay down next to her. I motion her to lay her head down on my chest. She wraps her arm around my stomach and intertwined our legs.

—————————-

The alarm starts going off. Jenna reaches over me to shut it off. I hear the shorter girl groan as she lays her head back down.

"We need to get up if we're gonna be on time." I say planting kisses on her forehead

"It's 4am" Jenna says groggily

"I know love but we can sleep on the plane." I respond softly

With that Jenna gets up and I do as well. We change into different clothes that we had laid out last night. I'm going with grey sweatpants with a baggy white t-shirt and a black sweatshirt. Jenna is going with something similar, black sweatpants, a navy blue Vans t-shirt and a grey hoodie.

We grab our respective luggage and head downstairs where my mom is waiting for us with coffee in hand.

"Good morning mom" I say

"Good morning girls." She responds with a smile handing us coffee in to go cups

"Thank you." Jenna says as she takes a sip of her coffee

"Are you two ready?" My mom asks

"We're ready to go back to bed." I respond with a yawn

"Let's get you to the airport first." My mom says with a chuckle

The three of us make our way to the airport and once we arrived we said our goodbyes. Definitely some tears were shed. I hate leaving my family but I know I'll be back at some point.

Jenna and I make our way through TSA and made it to the gate. This time we only had like 30 minutes to wait before we started to board.

We're both reading our emails for details on the premiere night of Wednesday, just so we know when we need to be there. We do unfortunately have to go get fitted for our dresses today when we land in California. We'll have time to drop our luggage off at our hotel though so that's good.

The boarding process begins and we find our seats quickly and get situated for the long flight across the country, again. Both of us put our earbuds in and we went to sleep.