Adoption of Scooby

It was around noon in a more rural area of the city of Coolsville, which was located somewhere in Ohio, and a family was moving into their new home in the more rural part of town. The only child of the family, Norville 'Shaggy' Rogers, or most commonly just called Shaggy, was sitting on the porch eating a chocolate bar and watching the moving companies move packages from the truck and into the house.

"Watch out, kid. Comin' through." One of the movers said

Out of respect and not wanting to really make anyone mad, Shaggy moved out of the way so the moving agents could get the stuff into the new home.

Shaggy takes a deep breath and sighs. That's when his father stepped out and looked over.

"You're gonna love it her Shaggy I promise." Mr. Rogers said in a caring way

"Yeah. I'm sure you'll make new friends in no time." Mrs. Rogers, added as she carried a small box inside the new home

However, he was never that lucky with making friends. He couldn't even sit under a tree to eat alone when at school. One day, out of pure boredom and loneliness, he was playing checkers, by himself but he kept getting himself into a stalemate.

"You're right.....he does seem extremely lonely." Mrs Rogers comments, looking through the kitchen door at Shaggy

"I have an idea." Mr. Rogers comments in response

Later, the family was heading to a puppy adoption fair in the family SUV. A five-seater to be specific. Shaggy looked out the window by the seat he was in and sighed.

The SUV then parked and one by one, the family got out and Mrs. Rogers said to Shaggy, "Ok, Shaggy, you pick the one you like."

Shaggy walked up to the pen of puppies and looked at the selection. There was a puppy doberman, a puppy German Shepard, a puppy sheep dog, and a lonely puppy Great Dane. Shaggy walked over to the Great Dane puppy who was laying down in the corner of the pen.

"Hey." Shaggy said quietly, but getting the puppy's attention and sliding some chips into the pen. "You want some?"

The puppy sniffs the chips and then eats them as Shaggy says, "So, everybody outside of your family hates you too, huh?"

"RI wouldn't say everybody." the puppy spoke, surprising Shaggy. "RMore please."

"Did you just say 'More please'?" Shaggy asked, wanting to confirm if he heard the puppy right

"RUmm....more...pretty please???" The puppy responds, pretty much answering Shaggy's question

"Comin' right up!" Shaggy responds as he pulls out a few chips ad tosses them for the puppy to eat. "Mom, dad, I want this guy."

Shaggy's parents both walk over as the puppy hops out of the pen and runs around in Shaggy's arms, then rolls around on the ground with the chip bag on his head, eventually getting it off of his head and licked the crumbs off of his face.

"You sure, buddy?" Mr. Rogers asked

"Yep." Shaggy answers as the puppy tilts his head. "Look at him, he's perfect!"

Shaggy walks over and picks up the puppy as Summer said, "Okay well, welcome to the family."

"My name's Norville. But most people just call me Shaggy," Shaggy said to the puppy. "What's yours?"

The puppy simply shrugs.

"Like, it's okay. Well figure that out." Shaggy states as he rubs the puppy's head. "You'll be coming with me."

That night, after the Rogers family got home, Shaggy had named his new friend Scooby Doo, after a box of snack cookies they bought in a store on the way home and he had a huge fondness of said snacks which were called Scooby Snacks.

"Shaggy, you better hurry up and choose your costumes if you and your new friend wanna go trick-or-treating tomorrow." Mrs. Rogers called to him from somewhere in the house

"Yay, okay, mom!" Shaggy responded, rather cheerfully

Shaggy eventually reached the room him and Scooby will have after giving a tour of the house.

"This is my room." Shaggy stated. "Well, our room now."

Scooby looked around, and was amazed at how surprisingly well kept it was in spite of some of the comic books in the floor.

"RWho's that?" Scooby asked, curiously looking at a little display Shaggy had built themed around a superhero known as Blue Falcon and his sidekick Dynomutt

"This is Blue Falcon" Shaggy said, grabbing an action figure off of the counter and making the little wings pop out. "He's half man, half Falcon. Well, mostly man. All man. I guess it's just the suit that's Falcon." Shaggy added as he grabbed an action figure of Dynomutt off of the same counter. "And his wonder dog sidekick, Dynomutt! They fight crimes and save the world together."

"RCool." Scooby responded, wagging his tail ad as Shaggy gently set the action figures back down

The two then got on the bed and Scooby jumped around as they shared a laugh.

"This is a bed. You sleep in it." Shaggy explained

"RIt's soft. RI never had a bed before." Scooby said. "RIn fact, Ri've never had anything before."

Shaggy seemed nervous about something before he finally spoke.

"Well, this afternoon, I ran out with my dad and got something for you. I know we've technically just met, and I don't wanna come off too strong, but....." Shaggy said as he pulled a blue collar out of his pocket showing it to Scooby, revealing it also had a diamond shaped dog tag with the letters 'SD' on it

Scooby was silent for a bit before saying, "RI love it."

Shaggy smiled and put the collar on Scooby's neck and straightened it a bit.

"RI promise i'll never take it off." Scooby said

The two then hugged each other and Scooby wagged his tail and licked Shaggy's face to show affection like dogs would do to show affection to their owners.

"Aww." Shaggy said in response