15~ Shattered by Silence

📖
How can love protect,
when trust is left broken?
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
˚♡ 🪷🪕🪞🦢⋆。˚ ❀

📖How can love protect, when trust is left broken?﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌˚ ༘♡ 🪷🪕🪞🦢⋆。˚ ❀

What was she thinking?

My hands clenched the steering wheel so tightly my knuckles turned white as I drove through the chaotic streets to the hospital. Siya lay in the back seat, her wrist broken, unconscious, and it was my fault. I should have protected her, should have known what was happening. But she didn't trust me enough to tell me the truth.

How could she keep this from me?

A deep pain gnawed at my chest as I glanced back at her through the rearview mirror, panic coursing through me. What if something happens to her? My mind spun with worst-case scenarios. She's hurt because of me? And now, knowing that her wrist was broken by Devraj; he would pay. I would drag him from hell if I had to, but he wouldn't escape my wrath. Mahendra was already dead, but that wasn't enough.

Nothing was enough.

I was the one who had been following her for months. From the moment I saw her again after all those years, I knew something was wrong. I saw the fear in her eyes. I watched her meet with strange men, always anxious, always glancing over her shoulder. I gave her so many chances to come clean, to tell me what was happening, but she didn't. She refused to trust me, and that cut deeper than any wound. I was losing her all over again, and this time, I wasn't sure I could fix it.

The pain that twisted inside me was almost unbearable. I had watched her from the shadows, hoping she'd turn to me. Hoping she'd stop running.

But she didn't.

I pressed the accelerator harder, weaving through traffic, my thoughts a storm of rage and frustration. This had been going on for ten years. Ever since I was 20 and she was 18, everything had spiraled out of control.

Ten years of distance, ten years of pain.

Where was I in all of this? Where was I when she needed me the most? Why couldn't she see that I would do anything for her, that she was the only thing that mattered? Didn't I deserve to know the truth? The reason for our parting? A flash of memory hit me, dragging me back to our college days. Back when everything was different, simpler... before it all fell apart.

Flashback: College Days

It was lunchtime, and Siya was walking down the corridor, her light blue kurti flowing around her like a breeze.Honestly, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She didn't know, but I was watching her from a distance, like I always did. My heart pounded faster every time I saw her, and before I knew it, I was moving toward her. Something about her made me lose control, made me want to claim her, even back then.

Without thinking, I reached out and grabbed her arm, pulling her gently but firmly toward the wall. Her eyes widened, and she gasped, startled. Her body pressed against the cold concrete as I stood close, too close, my hand resting on the wall beside her face. I could see the pulse in her throat racing.