17 ~ Collision of Fire and Ice

📖
When lips meet by accident,
the heart races on purpose.
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
˚♡ 🪷🪕🪞🦢⋆。˚ ❀

I was finally set to leave the hospital

I was finally set to leave the hospital. After days of being stuck in that sterile room, I was more than ready to go home. Back to my own space, where I could process everything that had happened. Where I could be alone which, let's face it, was what everyone in the Rathore family seemed to want anyway. Nobody was exactly jumping at the chance to welcome me back with open arms.

I was gathering my things, getting ready to leave, when Adhiraj walked in, his presence filling the room like it always did. There was an intensity in his eyes that made me pause. Great, here we go again.

"Siya," he said, his tone low but firm.

"You're not going home," I blinked, momentarily stunned.

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow, turning to face him fully.

"I'm sorry, did I miss the part where I don't get a say in where I go?" Adhiraj's expression didn't change. If anything, it grew colder.

"You're coming back to Rathore Mansion. With me," I laughed, incredulous.

"Oh, absolutely not," I shook my head, crossing my arms over my chest.

"There's no way I'm going back there. Your whole family can't stand me right now, and honestly, the feeling's mutual," Adhiraj took a step closer, his jaw tightening.

"This isn't up for debate, Siya," I threw my hands up in frustration.

"Why? Why do I need to go back with you? No one wants me there, and frankly, I'd rather be anywhere else!" That's when he shifted. The calm, almost restrained Adhiraj melted away, and in his place stood Hukum-sa. His eyes darkened, his posture more commanding, and I knew then that this was not a negotiation.

"Devraj is still out there, Siya," he said, his voice like steel.

"He hasn't been caught, and you're his easy target. Do you understand what that means? You're safest in front of my eyes, where I can keep watch. Every single day. 24 hours," I stared at him, my frustration bubbling up to the surface. I understood the danger, of course, but did he really think dragging me back to his family's mansion, where everyone seemed to hate me, was the answer? This was typical Hukum; overbearing, controlling, and absolutely convinced he was always right.

"Adhiraj, I get it, okay? I'm not an idiot," I said, trying to keep my voice steady, though the anger was seeping through.

"But this....dragging me back to your house, where I'm about as welcome as a cockroach in a kitchen.:.:this isn't the solution!" He didn't blink. Didn't flinch. Just kept staring at me with those cold, intense eyes.

"You're coming with me," he repeated, his voice leaving no room for argument.

"And this time, you're going to listen. Let me handle this. Let me protect you."