Chapter 5: Rune?

"Ma'am you need to stop calling here please." 

The lady sounded aggravated, but I could honestly care less. I needed answers and I couldn't do that if I wasn't talking to Sorian.

"Ms. pippy-"

"Penny,"

"Right, penny or whatever, I need to talk to Mr. Nam like today. I have questions that desperately needs answers, answers that only he can give me."

She sighs and I can feel her eyes roll, "Right and I need a break, but we can't have what we want."

I gasp, well ain't she a ray of sunshine and rainbows?

"He's busy and quite frankly does not want to deal with you and your little posy."

Ma'am this is highly unprofessional, I would have you know-"

"Listen here, I am hanging up, if you call this company again, I will block your number from any further contact."

With that the phone goes dead. I toss my phone on my bed with frustration. What a rude bi-never mind, we don't ever call other women the B word...she still was on though. I sigh and lean back in my hair. The apartment was too empty.

Meredith was long gone and Adrain was busy, AGAIN, so it was me, myself, and Asta, my ball python. I named him after my favorite anime, because of his white coloring with his beady black eyes. Snakes were great, didn't require much and didn't need much attention. Asta is an easy snake and never gives me much trouble unless it was time for feeding, he becomes someone wild. I look at him with a warm smile, and he just flickers his tongue and goes back into sleep.

Rude.

I get up from my chair and contemplate my next move. Obviously, we did not leave a good impression and I get a feeling if I don't do anything soon my opportunity to ever find what I'm pissing will sleep through my fingers. Meredith just I flirt with him and make him fall so deeply in love with me that he'll spill his guts out. Her words not mine. Adrian suggested that I just use the connections he has to find what he's hiding. It was a tempting offer. But Adrian does too much shady work for me to believe that he would be doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

When it comes to Adrian, we aren't has close as me and Meredith, but I definitely see him as my brother. We met while I was helping out volunteering at a homeless shelter. Actually, funny enough, he told me that his family had helped a group of people that ran a homeless shelter for children or something like that. He said he does this because it helps him remember that we are still fragile human beings that need the aid of others or whatever.

* Ring Ring Ring*

I look at my phone and speak of the devil its Adrian. I sigh and glance at the time.

Why would he be calling me?

" Hey Adrian, wassup?

"Hey. We need to talk.," I roll my eyes at his brisk introduction, it sounded urgent, but it wouldn't kill him to be a little nicer.

" What are you calling me for? I'm obviously busy." That was totally a lie, but I mean my mind is doing double time from all the overthinking I am putting it through.

"Well, I think I might have found something out!" His excitement sounded a bit odd, but I brushed it off. He was an odd person in many ways, however I learned not to question him.

"W-What do you mean? Is it related to Sorian? Is it something old or recent? Because quiet frankly I need you to-"

"ANNA! Please shut up for like two seconds!" I instantly shut my mouth and held my breathe. I was so antsy and nervous, we needed a break through, BADLY!