𝟖. ❙𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬

❛ 𝑮𝑯𝑶𝑺𝑻𝑭𝑨𝑪𝑬 ❜
════════◅∘≼≽∘▻════════
•☆.⭒✻❙ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐒 ❙✻⭒.☆•

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐱𝐞 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠? ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝑻𝑨𝑳𝑲𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑰𝑵 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑺𝑳𝑬𝑬𝑷
𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔

❛ you tell me that you want me, you tell me that you need me, you tell me that you love me ❜

        𝐽𝑂𝐿𝐸𝑁𝐸 𝑊𝐴𝑆 𝑆𝑇𝐴𝑌𝐼𝑁𝐺 𝐿𝐴𝑇𝐸 after school for about an hour so she could work on an art assignment due tomorrow. She had spoken to Coach, who agreed to lock the door once she was gone. Coach knows Jolene well from her being an involved audience member for lacrosse games, so he was fine to lock up for her.

Jolene was putting far too much detail into her artwork than necessary, but her art teacher knew that this was normal. Jolene found a passion and safety within art, it kept her going in the chaos that surrounded her life.

Jolene had never had a showcase or sold a painting, but her art teacher has seen great promise within her talent. Her dedication alone was unmatched. The issue was that Jolene received many compliments from her teacher, which did her no good. Jolene strives when people doubt her.

In spite of everyone, Jolene pushes herself to be better. She looked at her art objectively and corrects what needs to be corrected. She's tough on herself to the point of pain. Thus the story of a tortured artist.

Jolene was working on her assignment. She was doing a hand study where she made sure to show every single detail. It had taken her far longer than normal, but hands were Jolene's weakness.

Jolene was finishing up the details on one of the ring fingers. Jolene's hair was tousled as usual since she has this horrid habit of twirling and playing with her hair while she's thinking. She was knocked out of her artistic trance when she heard, "Holy shit."

Jolene looked to the side to see Stiles staring at her painting with awe. She wanted to throw her painting out the window, throw it face down on the ground so he couldn't see it, but the paint was still wet. Jolene let out a small and nervous laugh. "What are you doing here?"

"Did you do this?" Stiles ignored her question, still hyper-fixated on her art. Jolene nodded her head as her cheeks turned red. She put her paintbrush down on the easel's shelf. "Yeah, it's for art class, but I'm gonna use it for my portfolio."