Coffee and Conversation (and Cold)

The sun dipped low in the sky, casting a warm golden hue over the bustling streets of a quaint mortal town. Theleia and Artemis sat at a small café adorned with blooming flowers, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee mingling with the sweet scent of pastries. Today, they had taken on mortal forms—Theleia as a spirited young woman with curly hair that danced in the breeze, and Artemis as a sharp-eyed girl with an air of confidence, her bow concealed as a simple satchel.

"So, what do you think?" Theleia asked, gesturing to the bustling crowd around them. "Not quite Mount Olympus, is it?"

Artemis took a sip of her coffee, wrinkling her nose at the bitterness. "Definitely different! No celestial banquets or divine music, but it has its charm. Plus, I think the mortals have a certain... energy. Look at them!" She pointed to a group of children laughing as they chased each other around a fountain. "It's like they're all part of a grand dance."

Theleia chuckled. "A chaotic dance, perhaps! You'd think they'd get tired after all that running."

Artemis leaned back, a playful glint in her eyes. "Ah, but that's the secret of youth! They have boundless energy. I remember when we could run for hours without breaking a sweat. You could have used that energy to chase down some wild animals, you know."

"Wild animals? In a mortal café?" Theleia laughed, shaking her head. "I don't think they'd appreciate that! Besides, I'm much more about capturing hearts than hunting creatures these days."

"Ah, the goddess of passion in her natural habitat!" Artemis teased, mimicking an exaggerated swoon. "Just don't get too lost in the clouds, or you might find yourself chasing after someone's heart instead of enjoying your coffee!"

"Trust me, I've chased enough hearts for a lifetime!" Theleia replied, her eyes sparkling with mischief. "But that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind a little adventure. Speaking of which, what's it like being a huntress in the mortal realm? Have you tried hunting... coffee beans?"

Artemis feigned a shocked expression, clutching her heart dramatically. "The audacity! Coffee beans are practically sacred! I'd sooner take down a deer than sacrifice a coffee bean to this mortal world!"

"Good to know," Theleia giggled, her laughter ringing like music in the air. "But really, what's it like? Do you still have to deal with wild beasts?"

"Mostly, it's just a lot of people trying to take selfies with deer," Artemis said with a roll of her eyes. "You'd think they'd have more respect for nature! And the wolves—don't get me started. They have this attitude like, 'Oh, look at us, we're majestic!' and then they run away the second they see a human. It's exhausting!"

"Maybe they're just shy!" Theleia suggested. "You should try complimenting them on their fur. 'Oh, what a lovely coat you have!' and see how they react."

"Next time I see a wolf, I'll give that a shot," Artemis replied, stifling a laugh. "But for now, let's focus on what's in front of us. How about a pastry?" She gestured toward the display case filled with sweet treats.

"Definitely! What's your favorite?" Theleia asked, leaning forward with excitement.

"I'm a classic gal," Artemis said, her eyes lighting up. "Give me a good old chocolate croissant any day. It's like the moon—perfectly flaky and layered!"

"Okay, but chocolate croissants are too common for a goddess of the hunt," Theleia teased. "You should try something wild and adventurous! Like... a raspberry tart! It has that sweet and tart combination, just like the thrill of the hunt!"

"Raspberry tart it is, then!" Artemis replied, raising an eyebrow. "But if I don't like it, you'll be the one hunting for dessert next time!"

Theleia grinned. "Deal! But only if you promise not to run off and scare the pastries away. We need to get our hands on them first!"