PART 4 - FOR THE SAKE OF OUR LIVES.

I felt warm and cozy feeling while she hugged me. My face had the biggest smile ever.

"Have you seen anyone? What about Jacob? Anyone..?".

She replied sobbing, "No... I haven't seen anyone. When I saw that huge "thing" in the sky I was stunned and fell unconscious. When I woke up there was no one and I got stranded. After some time walking in the streets, I saw you."

Then I told her, "We need to get out of here and check for some transport to reach the Westside harbor. Have you heard about the alert that is been given by the patrol on the streets?"

She replied, "Yes, I heard something but I could not get what their intention was about the harbor, and I'm so scared about hearing that, what if, our parents...are taken away? What if we get stranded here in the city?

I was shocked by what she said at the moment. I didn't think of this before analyzing why they were taken to the harbor and now I have a suspicion that it might be true.

"If that is so, we need to go immediately to the harbor and get to our parents as fast as we could. I think there is no chance of survival at this point since even the government started to think that the "thing" is dangerous and I think we might even see the end of the world."

She replied, "What if the "thing" is just some unimaginable beings from the outer world like us? and they have come to visit us, humankind?."

I replied to her. "Are you stupid!!??, what if they came to erase all of this, the world, us!!!?. How about this, they might have created us and now came to destroy us for all the things we do?". They look minacious..."

She replied to me, "This...is not good, we are wasting our time here now...+

without further Do we need to take action not just rationally talk about the situation, this isn't the time for that now"

I nodded and we both quickly started to walk in the ghosted streets, still, we had to cover about 5 to 6 kilometers. Out of nowhere, a huge disturbing sound emerged from the "thing" It was so loud that we had to cover our ears firmly.

"Tim... what is that!!, my ears...the noise is so loud, I never heard something like this before".

I replied to her, "I don't know, it's the second time I've heard this noise".

Then suddenly I noticed something odd happening in my pocket. It was my phone making unrecognizable sounds. I took it out of my pocket, and checked, To my surprise the phone was glitching whenever the disturbing sound emerged from the "thing"

"I think the sound has some ability to malfunction the radio waves among the cell towers. Now I get it!, it's the reason why the network services are unavailable."

she reacted, "Hmm, it should be the case since it's so strong...".

Suddenly, we heard military forces emerging on the streets and we saw fighter jets swirling around the "thing". A jet fired a missile on the "thing". but the impact was nothing since the "thing" had some type of advanced invisible shield around it. that made it look like it might be impossible to hit the "thing".

"what the..." They hit the "thing"...I reacted. suddenly that disturbing noise came but this time it was weird and alarming. while we were looking at the "thing" a huge portal can be seen on the side. almost like an intergalactic portal casually opening. we were shocked by something like that. A great group of small aircraft emerging from the portal was approaching the streets from a few hundred meters. I had goosebumps all over my body. I felt the fear of my life, that this could be the end of us and humanity. Haeliy grabbed my hand, I saw her with no hope left in me. then suddenly she took me near a dumpster to hide. we quickly ran inside and hid. Then she grabbed my hand but this time firmly and said.

"I... don't know.... if we can survive this... but I hope...at least we need can make it to the harbor. for the sake of our families...for the sake of our lives...and no matter what it made to be in this world...(pause), Trust me will you...Tim?

my eyes filled with tears. A great sense of hope was planted in my soul. I got a feeling of no hesitation to die but to achieve what we had set ourselves to. then I replied with tears in my eyes.

"yes.... I will...for the sake of our lives..." and smiled".