62. The Hospital

~With Stefan and Damon at the Time of the Crash~

Stefan and Damon were in their rooms just hanging around. They had plans to meet up with their girlfriend after she has dinner with Jeremy but that wouldn't be till later.

Stefan was in his room writing in his journal as he drank a glass of blood. It was human blood mixed with Violet's blood (it helped control his ripper urges).

Damon was in his room drinking a blood bag as he was cleaning out some space in his closet and dresser for Violet to put some of her clothes.

It was peaceful in the Salvatore boarding house. Interestingly enough ever since they met the Gilbert Fae peacefulness became the new normal for them. Something that they had never experienced before.

Even before Katherine came to Mystic Falls, their lives were never peaceful. They had an abusive father but they couldn't show it because they had to play the role of perfect family. Their mother barely did anything to help them because she too would be abused and then she died leaving them with their father and their servants.

For the first time in their lives, the two brothers felt content. They had a beautiful girlfriend who they loved very much and surprisingly she loved them also. They thanked their lucky star everyday for bringing her into their lives.

But sometimes life takes an unexpected turn when you least expect it.

"AHHH!" Both brothers screamed in intense pain as they grabbed their chest where their unbeaten hearts were. It was like their soul was being ripped in half.

This was the worst pain they had ever felt in their lives. Worse than anything that the Augustine society ever put Damon through. Worse than the pain they felt when their father killed them in cold blood.

And it got even worse when they knew that they were feeling this pain because something was wrong with Violet.

After about 30 seconds it felt like they could finally breathe normally again and as soon as their pain stopped they both sped out of the house and towards where they knew Violet was.

~With Violet and John~

Right after John got Violet to breathe again he pulled out his phone to call an ambulance to bring them to the hospital. However, before he could even dial one number, Stefan and Damon showed up looking scared and frantic.

"Violet" they breathed out in shock. They could see blood pouring out of a cut on her head and could hear her heart beating slower than normal.

"One of you needs to speed her to the hospital. She stopped breathing for a while there. Someone crashed into her side of the car and then took off." John explained in a rushed tone.

Damon reacted quicker and picked her up gently holding her bridal style and sped off to the hospital. Stefan took John and arrived right after his brother.

"I need a doctor!" John yelled, getting everyone's attention.

In no time a nurse pushed a hospital bed to them where Damon laid her down and they started rushing her to the ER. It was a small town and all the hospital staff knew Violet Gilbert.

Sometimes her father would bring her to work when they felt that Elena needed to be separated from Violet. Violet enjoyed playing with the nurses when they had free time.

And as she got older she still came to visit but she became a volunteer to help patients. They all loved her, she was nice and helpful and loved spending time with the children that were in the hospital.

"What happened Mr. Gilbert?" a nurse asked as she held a clipboard. They needed to know what they were dealing with before doing anything.

"We were driving and someone crashed into her side of the car. The car flipped a few times and when I finally got her out of the car she wasn't breathing. I gave her CPR and she started breathing again." John explained knowing that the quicker he was with explaining then the quicker they could help his daughter.