𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏: 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗, 𝐀 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

═════════•°•👁⃤•°•═════════

A little while later...

The trio arrived at their destination after going through a forest, however Zenistu was (obviously) hesitant.

"Hey, guys, on second thought, I'm not gonna make it. Even if I go along, I'm gonna be totally useless." He said meekly, annoying (y/n).

However, Tanjiro was too distracted to hear him as he was lost in his thoughts, 'The demon scent is getting stronger little by little. There's something up ahead.'. Not long after, a mansion came into view. 'What's that?'.

They stand in front of it.

"I can smell blood. But this particular scent..." Tanjiro says, still sniffing the air. Zenistu looks at him, "Huh? You smell something?" He couldn't smell anything. "Something I've never smelled before," Tanjiro replied. 

Zenistu faced (y/n), "What about you (y/n)? Do you smell anything?". The girl just shrugged with her arms crossed, "Yeah, I smell something. It's disgusting." She said scrunching her nose. 

Don't get her wrong, some disgusting smells she likes, but this one was too disgusting for her taste. She's tempted to just rip her nose off, but she obviously can't since Zenistu'll probably freak out (not that she minded, but she didn't want to get Tanjiro upset (for some reason) and she DEFINITELY didn't want a headache).

Zenistu was even more confused, "I don't know about you guys, but do you hear that sound? Also, are we gonna work together?".

Now it was Tanjiro's turn to be confused, "Sound?" He then sees two children cowering under the trees.

"Kids?" Zenistu asked out loud.

'Ew.' (y/n) thought.

She doesn't have a good relationship with kids, not since those kids defeated her. She growled angrily, gripping her fist, mist coming out of it as she tried to control her powers. 

Meanwhile, Tanjiro approaches the kids, "What are you two doing here?". He received no answer as the two just backeds away, frightened. 'They seem really spooked.' Tanjiro thought. He then got an idea, "Okay, wanna see something cool? Ta-da!" He presents Zenistu's sparrow. "See? Isn't he cute?". The children seem to become more calm, so Tanjiro questions them, "Did something happen? Is this your house?".

The boy shakes his head, "No. No, it's not. This... This is... a m-monster's... house. Our big brother got taken away. When we were walking down the road at night, this monster we'd never seen before showed up. It didn't give us a glance, just our brother." He said, shaking slightly. 

"And they went inside that house, right?" Tanjiro asked softly. The boy nods. 

Tanjiro smiled at the two, "Did you two follow them here? You did well. Good job!". The boy continues, "We followed the traces of his blood. Because he got hurt!".